CLAT is organized to get admission to 21 National Law Universities (NLUs) in India. Moreover, the NLUs, 43 educational organizations, and two public sector organizations also accept the CLAT scores for admission in undergraduate law courses. CLAT association has changed the exam pattern. Therefore, it is essential for the aspirants to practice for a section-wise approach to crack CLAT.
Qualifying CLAT is a dream of each and every law aspirant. Read further to get an overall plan about the exam approach according to the new pattern.
As per the CLAT 2021 exam pattern, the question paper will include an overall number of 150 questions. The Quantitative section will include a basic level of questions. Other sections will include Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Current affairs, English language, and General Knowledge will have comprehension-based questions.
HOW TO PRACTICE FOR CLAT LOGICAL REASONING FOR THE NEW EXAM PATTERN
- Attempt to identify the argument and its subsequent conclusions.
- As each single mark is important, so do not make any shortcuts. Create diagrams, mind maps as they are going to be very helpful for blood relationsand syllogism.
- Practice CLAT 2021 mock test repeatedly to get an idea about the actual exam and this will help you to learn time management.
How to prepare for CLAT GK for the new pattern?
- As CLAT has decided to approve a comprehension based exam pattern, the passages can differ from 250 to 450 words. The articles can be derived from the editorial sources, newspaper, non-fiction writings or legal topics. The purpose is to check the general awareness about the topic of the aspirant.
- While organizing, jot down the significant dates, happenings, award ceremonies in a magazine, so it is easier to study them regularly.
- Look for the extraclues in the question and reasonablyremove the options.
How to prepare for CLAT Mathematics for the new pattern?
- Prepare for at least 30 questions every day from one specific topic.
- Remember tables, cubes and squares, so it is easier to answer the question and will benefit in both the mathematics and logical section of the exam.
- It is instructed not to give more than 15 minutes to this section in order to complete the exam on time.
How to prepare for CLAT English for the new pattern?
- The CLAT English section will check your ability in English based on comprehension based vocabulary, passages and grammar.
- Aspirants are interrogated on the central theme of the passage, synonyms and antonyms of the words.
- The comprehension passages are extended, from about 500-1000 words, so you need to grow a habit of reading fast and then planning faster.
How to prepare for CLAT Legal Reasoning for the new pattern?
- With the modification in the exam pattern, the Legal Reasoning section has become lengthy for the pupils to complete in 30minutes. Only reading faithfully can save you; start reading blogs, newspapers, magazines, etc. Begin by reading a believed newspaper like The Hindu or Economic Times.
- Recognize the question in the exam, go through it several times till you fully understand it. Once you understand the question, you can answer it in minimal time.
- In Logical Reasoning, you must start by reading the passage and then moving on to the questions, so you don’t make any hypothetical situation in your head.
Remember, working constantly on your abilities is important to succeed in CLAT 2021. Do not stress about the changes made in pattern; rather, work on improving your abilitiesnecessary for the new pattern. Ultimately, you will get a complete idea of the new exam pattern. So, stay confident and prepare well.
All the best!