1. Media liable for comments on Facebook pages, says Australia’s top court
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
2. World’s largest plant designed to suck carbon dioxide from air starts in Iceland
- Constructed by Switzerland’s Climeworks and Iceland’s Carbfix, when operating at capacity the plant will draw 4,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide out of the air every year, according to the companies.
- Capital: Reykjavík
- Currency: Icelandic króna
- Continent: Europe
3. China launches Earth observation satellite that can obtain radioactive data
- Developed by the Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology based on its SAST3000 satellite platform, the Gaofen 5-02 is equipped with hyperspectral observational devices tasked with monitoring air, water and environments, according to China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp.
- Currency: Renminbi
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
- Official language: Mandarin
4. Union Ministers inaugurate India’s first airstrip on national highway in Barmer
- Minister for Road and Highways Nitin Gadkari described the moment as historic. He said that such landing fields are being developed at 20 places in other states of the country as well. Five such landing fields are being developed in Assam. He said that the government is constructing 38 km of road per day, which is the highest in the world.
5. Railway Minister flags off indigenously designed equipment to expedite construction of viaduct
- M/s Larsen and Toubro has partnered with 55 Micro-Small Medium Enterprises. The Minister said, India is now coming in the select group of country like Italy, Norway, Korea, and China which have been designing and manufacturing such equipment.
6. India and Denmark launch Centre of Excellence on Offshore Wind
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone
- Continent: Europe
7. PM Modi chairs BRICS Summit
- As part of India’s ongoing chairship of BRICS in 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is chairing the 13th BRICS Summit. This is the second time Prime Minister Narendra Modi is chairing the BRICS summit. He had chaired the Goa summit in 2016. The Indian Chairship of BRICS this year coincides with the 15th anniversary of BRICS.
8. Ayaan Shankta named as 2021 international young economic hero
- He is one of the 25 young environmental activists from across the globe honoured by the Action For Nature (AFN) as a 2021 International Young Eco-Hero, an award that recognizes eco-conscious youth aged 8 to 16 who are taking crucial steps to solve tough environmental problems.
9. IOC suspends North Korea until end of 2022 after it failed to send a team to Tokyo Games
- The International Olympic Committee is a non-governmental sports organisation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is constituted in the form of an association under the Swiss Civil Code.
- President: Thomas Bach
- Founded: 23 June 1894, Paris, France
10. International Day to Protect Education from Attack: 9th September
- The resolution proclaiming the Day was presented by the State of Qatar and co-sponsored by 62 countries.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Founded: 16 November 1945, London, United Kingdom
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- President: Tore Hattrem
- Founded: 11 December 1946