1. Government appoints 10 merchant bankers to manage IPO of LIC
- Life Insurance Corporation of India is an Indian statutory insurance and investment corporation. It is under the ownership of Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1 September 1956
2. Centre, ADB sign 300 million dollar loan to expand rural connectivity in Maharashtra
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
3. Cabinet approves procurement of 56 transport aircraft for Indian Air Force
- Sixteen aircraft will be delivered in flyaway condition from Spain within 48 months of signing of the contract and forty aircraft will be manufactured in India by TATA Consortium within ten years of signing of the contract.
- Capital: Madrid
- Currency: Euro
4. Govt approves Production Linked Incentive Scheme for Textiles
Ministry of Textiles
- Ministers responsible
Piyush Goyal, Minister of Textiles
Darshana Jardosh, Minister of State
5. Tamil Nadu Assembly passes a resolution against CAA, NPC, NPR
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: M. K. Stalin
6. El Salvador: People protest due to technological glitches and value of Bitcoin
- Currencies: Bitcoin, United States Dollar
- Capital: San Salvador
- President: Nayib Bukele
7. Cabinet approves MoU between ICAI and Chamber of Auditors of Azerbaijan
- Capital: Baku
- President: Ilham Aliyev
- Prime minister: Ali Asadov
- Currency: Azerbaijani manat
8. State minister attends WHO-SEARO; highlights India’s health sector achievements
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
9. Piyush Goyal appointed as India’s Sherpa for G20 meet
- The G20 is an intergovernmental forum comprising 19 countries and the European Union. It works to address major issues related to the global economy, such as international financial stability, climate change mitigation, and sustainable development.
- Chairman: Mario Draghi (2021)
- Founder: Group of Seven
- Founded: 26 September 1999
10. International Literacy Day: 8th Sept.
- The 8th of September was proclaimed International Literacy Day by UNESCO in 1966 to remind the international community of the importance of literacy for individuals, communities and societies, and the need for intensified efforts towards more literate societies. It was celebrated for the first time in 1967.