1. Defence Ministry implements SPARSH
- State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Chairperson: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Punjab National Bank, abbreviated as PNB, is an Indian government-owned bank. Its headquarters are in New Delhi, India. The bank was founded in 1894 and is the second largest government-owned bank in India, both in terms of its business volumes and its network.
- CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
2. ‘Books at Doorstep’ a hit among school children in Ernakulam
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
3. Delhi Metro launches India’s first UPI-based cashless parking
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) was registered on 3rd May 1995 under the Companies Act, 1956 with equal equity participation of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) and the Central Government to implement the dream of construction and operation of a world- class Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS).
- Dr. Mangu Singh is the Managing Director of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
4. World’s biggest sandcastle constructed in Denmark
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone
- PM: Mette Frederiksen
5. India-Gambia sign MoU to strengthen cooperation in governance reforms
- Capital: Banjul
- Currency: Gambian dalasi
- President: Adama Barrow
6. Japan declares state of emergency 2 weeks ahead of Tokyo Olympics
- Prime minister: Yoshihide Suga
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- Events: 339 in 33 sports (50 disciplines)
- Motto: United by Emotion
7. China bans super skyscrapers over 500 metres, citing safety concerns
- The construction boom that has led to mainland China being home to five of the world’s 10 tallest 500-metre structures, all completed in the past six years.
- Currency: Renminbi Trending
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
- Official language: Mandarin
8. INS Tabar conducts maritime partnership exercise with Italian Navy
- President: Sergio Mattarella Trending
- Capital: Rome
- Currency: Euro
- INS Tabar is the third of the Talwar-class frigate of the Indian Navy. The frigate was commissioned on 19 April 2004 in Kaliningrad, Russia with Captain Biswajit Dasgupta. INS Tabar, a vessel in the Talwar class to be armed with supersonic BrahMos anti-ship cruise missiles. She is also equipped with Barak 1 missiles.
9. England beat Denmark 2-1 to set up final clash against Italy
- The UEFA European Football Championship, less formally the European Championship and informally the Euros, is the primary association football competition contested by the senior men’s national teams of the members of the Union of European Football Associations, determining the continental champion of Europe.
- Current champions: Portugal
- Founded: 1958
10. Economist Kaushik Basu gets Humboldt award
- The prestigious award is sponsored by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and awarded to as many as 100 recipients each year.
- The Humboldt Research Award honours scientists and economists from across the world for their work. The award entails prize money of 60,000 euros and an offer to carry out research projects at a scientific institution in Germany for up to 12 months.
- Kaushik Basu, who hails from Kolkata, has decided to use the award for research on game theory and moral philosophy.