1. India’s first building made of bio-bricks at IIT-Hyderabad
- As part of the BUILD (Bold Unique Idea Lead Development) project to demonstrate the strength and versatility of the material, a prototype of a guard cabin was designed and executed by the team on space allocated on the campus.
- IITH was founded in 2008, among the eight young Indian Institutes of Technology.
2. All India Institute of Ayurveda inks MoU with Western Sydney University
- The All India Institute of Ayurveda, Delhi is a public Ayurveda medicine and research institution located in New Delhi, India.
- The proposal for the establishment of AIIA at New Delhi emanated from then-Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s declaration to establish a state-of-the-art National Ayurveda Hospital at the ceremony of Vaidya Ram Narayan Sharma Memorial Award Distribution on 5 May 2000, under the aegis of All India Ayurveda Congress.
- The cornerstone of the institute was laid in 2007 upon approval of the Finance Ministry in 2003.
3. Union Minister Bhupender Yadav inaugurates Delhi’s first functional smog tower
Ministry of Environment
- Ministers responsible
Bhupender Yadav, Cabinet Minister
Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State
4. Culture Minister G Kishan Reddy launches program ‘Bujurgon ki Baat-Desh Ke Saath’
Ministry of Culture
- Ministers responsible
G. Kishan Reddy, Cabinet Minister
Meenakshi Lekhi, Minister of State
5. WFP appeals for more humanitarian aid to Ethiopia’s Tigray province
- Capital: Addis Ababa
- Currency: Ethiopian birr
- President: Sahle-Work Zewde
World Food Programme
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Founded: 1961
6. Taliban announces cabinet for new Afghan caretaker govt.
- Founded: September 1994, Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Headquarters: Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Founders: Mohammed Omar, Abdul Ghani Baradar
7. IAF chief attends Pacific Air Chiefs Symposium 2021 in Hawaii
- Hawaii is a state in the Western United States located in the Pacific Ocean about 2,000 miles from the U.S. mainland. It is the only state outside North America, the only state that is an archipelago, and the only state in the tropics.
- Capital: Honolulu
8. Coal India Ltd signs MoU with Dept of Sports for betterment of sports infrastructure
- Coal India Limited is an Indian government-owned coal mining and refining corporation. It is under the ownership of Ministry of Coal, Government of India headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is the largest coal-producing company in the world and a Maharatna public sector undertaking.
- CEO: Pramod Agrawal
9. Author Namita Gokhale receives 7th Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award
- Organised by a collective of women professionals from the year 2015, the annual award honours Yamin Hazarika, the first woman from Northeast India to be selected for DANIPS, a federal police service that administered Delhi and the Union Territories in 1977.
- Previously, historian Rana Safvi, author Indrani Raimedhi, athlete Tayabun Nisha, actor Moloya Goswami, environmental activist Purnima Devi Barman and social activist Hasina Kharbhih have been the recipients of the Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award.
10. International Day of Clean Air for blue skies: 7th Sept.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), at the 52nd plenary meeting of its seventy-fourth session on sustainable development, on December 19, 2019, adopted a resolution by which September 7 became the International Day of Clean Air for blue skies. 2020 marked the first international observance of the Day with the theme “Clean Air for All.” The Day is observed by the UN Member States, UN organisations, governmental and non-governmental organisations across the globe and individuals.