1. India’s first e-fish market app ‘Fishwaale’ launched in Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Prof Jagdish Mukhi
2. Govt approves setting up of 7 Mega Integrated Textile & Apparel Parks
- The Union Government will also provide a fund of 300 crore rupees for each PM MITRA Park to incentivize manufacturing units to get established.
- The Cabinet also approved the Productivity Linked Bonus equivalent to 78 days’ wage for eligible non-gazetted Railway employees excluding RPF or RPSF personnel for financial year 2020-21.
3. Govt issues guidelines for PM Cares For Children Scheme
- The scheme provides for support to these children through convergent approach, gap funding for ensuring education, health, monthly stipend from the age of 18 and lump sum amount of ten lakh rupees on attaining 23 years of age.
4. ICMR releases MUDRA Toolbox in five Indian languages to diagnose dementia
- The Indian Council of Medical Research, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1911
5. India Joins High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People
- India’s announcement comes in the lead up to a high-level biodiversity meeting, hosted by China. The virtual meeting to take place 11th to 15th of this month will tackle key aspects of the biodiversity treaty to be finalized in 2022. The global 30×30 goal is currently a centrepiece of the treaty.
6. Second meeting of India-UK Joint Working Group on Cyber Capacity Building held
- It was held under aegis of the India-UK Framework for Cyber Relationship and in support of the Enhanced Cyber Security partnership agreed in the India-UK 2030 Roadmap. The first meeting of JWG on Capacity Building was held in March last year in New Delhi.
7. WHO recommends first Anti-Malaria vaccine
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
8. Germany unveils logo for UEFA Euro 2024
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
- Chancellor: Angela Merkel
9. The Nobel Prize in Literature 2021 announced
- The prestigious award comes with a Gold medal and 10 million Swedish Kronor. The prize money comes from a bequest left by the price creator, Swedish inventor Alfred Novel, who died in 1895.
10. World Cotton Day: 7th October
- The inaugural World Cotton Day was held in Geneva in 2019. The International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) established the day.