1.DBT-NII receives trademark for India’s First Indigenous Tumour Antigen
- The Department of Biotechnology is an Indian government department, under the Ministry of Science and Technology responsible for administrating development and commercialization in the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India.
- It was set up in 1986.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Secretary: Dr. RenuSwarup
- National Institute of Immunology is an autonomous research institute located in New Delhi, under the Department of Biotechnology for research in immunology. NII was established on 24 June 1981.
2. Solar-Powered Bitcoin Mining facility launched in U.S.
- Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, without a central bank or single administrator, that can be sent from user to user on the peer-to-peer bitcoin network without the need for intermediaries.
- Transactions are verified by network nodes through cryptography and recorded in a public distributed ledger called a blockchain. The cryptocurrency was invented in 2008 by an unknown person or group of people using the name Satoshi Nakamoto. The currency began use in 2009 when its implementation was released as open-source software.
- Square, Inc. is an American financial services and digital payments company based in San Francisco, California. The company was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and launched its first platform in 2010.
3. Gujarat’s Kevadia to host ‘India’s first’ e-vehicles-only area
- The Statue of Unity is a colossal statue of Indian statesman and independence activist Vallabhbhai Patel, who was the first Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister of independent India and an adherent of Mahatma Gandhi during the nonviolent Indian Independence movement.
- Artist: Ram V. Sutar
- Height: 182 m
- Architect: Ram V. Sutar
- Opened: 31 October 2018
- Materials: Reinforced concrete, Bronze
- Created: 31 October 2013–October 2018
4. UNEP Praises SudarshanPatnaik’s Sand Art On World Environment Day
- The United Nations Environment Programme is responsible for coordinating responses to environmental issues within the United Nations system.
- It was established by Maurice Strong, its first director, after the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment in Stockholm in June 1972.
- Headquarters location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Head: Inger Andersen
5. HRD Minister approves Performance Grading Index 2019-20 for States, UTs
- India had the Ministry of Education since 1947. In 1985, Rajiv Gandhi government changed its name to Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and with the public announcement of newly drafted “National Education Policy 2020” by the NarendraModigovernment, Ministry of Human Resource Development was renamed back to Ministry of Education.
- Minister responsible: Ramesh Pokhriyal, Cabinet Minister
- Deputy Minister responsible: Sanjay ShamraoDhotre, Minister of State
6. 24th BIMSTEC Day on June 6, 2021
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is a regional multilateral organisation consisting of seven South and South-East Asian countries. These countries are- India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Myanmar.
- With a total gross domestic product (GDP) of 2.7 trillion dollars, the BIMSTEC region is home to about 1.5 billion people or around 22% of the worldwide population. Despite the global financial crisis, BIMSTEC member states have been able to maintain an average growth rate of 6.5 % over the previous five years.
- Headquarters location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Founded: 6 June 1997
7. Sergio Perez wins chaotic Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- The Azerbaijan Grand Prix is a Formula One motor racing event that was held for the first time in 2017. It is held on the Baku City Circuit, a street circuit in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.
- The first Formula One Grand Prix to be held in Azerbaijan was the 2016 European Grand Prix, which took place at the Baku City Circuit. A year later, in 2017, the same venue hosted the first Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
- No F1 driver has ever won in Baku twice before, although the race was won twice by Mercedes (2018 and 2019) and Red Bull (2017 and 2021).
8. Foreign Minister of Maldives elected next General Assembly President
- The United Nations General Assembly is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, serving as the main deliberative, policy-making, and representative organ of the UN. Its powers, composition, functions, and procedures are set out in Chapter IV of the United Nations Charter.
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
9. Thomas Vijayan Wins Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021
- Nature photography is our obsession. Whether it be landscape, wildlife, macro, or astrophotography, Nature TTL has a wealth of information that’s free for anyone to read.
- It’s a difficult genre of photography, however. That’s why we decided to offer high quality tutorials written by real professional nature photographers; we’ve been doing it since 2014.
- Founder: Will Nicholls
10. A book title ‘1232 km: The Long Journey Home’ by VinodKapri
- Published by Harper Collins
- A documentary based on this journey, directed by Kapri, has also just been released on the streaming service Disney+ Hotstar.
- According to the author, he was curious to know what makes labourers’ cycle 1,232 kilometres without food or any help in such extreme circumstances. He wanted to see them up close.
- Before venturing into filmmaking, Kapri spent 23 years of his career as a journalist with media organizations like Amar Ujala, Zee News, Star News, India TV and TV9.
11. World Food Safety Day: 7th June
- The need to establish a world food safety day was discussed in several sessions of the United Nations general assembly (UNGA) from 2016 onwards. A resolution was adopted on December 20, 2018, by the assembly to mark June 7 as the day to “celebrate the myriad benefits of safe food”.
- Director-General of WHO: TedrosAdhanom
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Food and Agriculture Organization headquarters: Rome, Italy.
- Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization: Dr. QU Don.