1. India’s 1st dugong conservation reserve to be in Tamil Nadu
- According to Wildlife Institute of India (WII) estimates, only 200-250 Dugongs are left in the wild, of which 150 are found in the Palk Bay and Gulf of Mannar in Tamil Nadu, among the last surviving natural habitats for dugongs in the world.
- The Wildlife Institute of India, an autonomous natural resource service institution under the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change, Government of India, was established in 1982.
2. Eight major banks join the account aggregator network
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: British Raj
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
3. PM Modi to chair 13th BRICS Summit on 9th Sept in virtual format
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs. Since 2009, the governments of the BRICS states have met annually at formal summits.
- Founded: June 2006
4. AUSINDEX between Indian Navy & Royal Australian Navy begins
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison Trending
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
5. Om Birla reaches Vienna to attend 5th World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- Austria, officially the Republic of Austria, is a landlocked East Alpine country in the southern part of Central Europe. It is composed of nine federated states, one of which is Vienna, Austria’s capital and largest city.
6. Soldiers detain Guinean president Alpha Conde, dissolve government
- President: Alpha Condé
- Capital: Conakry
- Currency: Guinean franc
7. Cyrus Poncha becomes new Vice-President of Asian Squash Federation
- The Asian Squash Federation was formed on November 29, 1980, at the suggestion of Pakistan and the “First Meeting of Squash Playing Nations of Asia”, held in Karachi.
- President: David Y.Y. Mui
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8. Max Verstappen wins Dutch Grand Prix 2021
- The Dutch Grand Prix is a Formula One motor racing event held at Circuit Zandvoort, North Holland, Netherlands, from 1950 to 1985 and from 2021 onwards.
9. President’s Colour to Indian Naval Aviation at INS Hansa
- INS Hansa, is an Indian naval air station located near Dabolim in Goa, India. It is India’s biggest naval airbase. The military air base has a civil enclave, that operates as Dabolim Airport.
President’s Colour Award
- The President’s Colour Award is the highest honor that can be bestowed upon any military unit of India. It is also known as ′Nishaan′ which is an emblem that will be worn by all unit officers on the left-hand sleeve of their uniform.
- First awarded: 27 May 1951
10. International Day of Charity: 05 September
- The International Day of Charity was officially declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012. This day also got the support of the Hungarian Civil society with the support of the Hungarian parliament and government.