1. Coal India Ltd launches new software for enhanced assessment of coal resources
- Coal India Limited is an Indian government-owned coal mining and refining corporation. It is the largest coal-producing company in the world and a Maharatna public sector undertaking.
- CEO: Pramod Agrawal
2. NAL’s Hansa-NG aircraft takes to skies in maiden flight
- National Aerospace Laboratories, is India’s first & largest aerospace firm. It was established by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research at Delhi in 1959 and its headquarters was later moved to Bangalore in 1960.
3. Vartika Shukla is new Chairman of Engineers India Ltd
- Engineers India Limited is a government corporation. It is under the ownership of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India. It was set up in 1965 to provide engineering and related technical services for petroleum refineries and other industrial projects.
4. PM Modi to address inaugural conclave of Shikshak Parv
- PM Modi will also launch NISHTHA teachers’ training programme for NIPUN Bharat and Vidyanjali portal for facilitating education volunteers, donors and Corporate Social Responsibility -CSR contributors for school development.
5. PM Modi’s approval rating is 70%, highest among 13 global leaders
- The Morning Consult, an American data intelligence firm, tracks the approval rating for governmental leaders in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.
6. Bangladesh Information Minister to open media centre at Press Club of India
- Earlier, Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) had established the ‘Bangabandhu Chair’ at Delhi University to promote research and study related to Bangladesh. A few other universities in India are also taking similar initiatives to jointly commemorate the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the golden jubilee of the liberation of Bangladesh.
7. China tries overland trade route through Myanmar
- Compared with traditional sea routes from eastern and southern China, the new link could save 20 to 22 days for a one-way journey, an unnamed official from Chengdu International Railway Port told state-owned Scol.com.cn.
- President: Xi Jinping
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- Official language: Mandarin
8. 28th edition of Singapore-India Maritime bilateral exercise ‘SIMBEX’ concludes
- Initiated in 1994, SIMBEX is the Indian Navy’s longest uninterrupted bilateral maritime exercise with any foreign navy.
- This year’s edition of SIMBEX was also a special occasion as it takes place during the ongoing celebrations of the 75th year of India’s independence.
9. 130th edition of Durand Cup kicks off in Kolkata
- The Durand Football Tournament, also known as Durand Cup, is an annual domestic football competition in India which was first held in 1888 in Annadale, Shimla. It is hosted by the Durand Football Tournament Society.
- The tournament is the oldest existing football tournament in Asia and 3rd oldest existing professional club football tournament in the world.
10. Tokyo bids adieu to Paralympics with message of change
- India wrapped up their campaign at the Tokyo Paralympics with the largest-ever haul of 19 medals, surpassing their previous best tally of four at the 2016 Rio Games. This year, the Indian contingent won five gold, eight silver and six bronze. While Lekhara won a gold in R-2 women’s 10m Air Rifle Standing SH1 event and a bronze in 50metre Rifle 3 Position SH1, Javelin thrower Sumit Antil, shuttlers Pramod Bhagat, Krishna Nagar and shooter Manish Narwal bagged a yellow metal each.
11. AICTE- Visvesvaraya Best Teacher Award
- The All India Council for Technical Education is a statutory body, and a national-level council for technical education, under the Department of Higher Education.
- Founded: November 1945
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Anil Sahasrabudhe
12. Canadian city Burnaby to observe 5th September as Gauri Lankesh Day
- Currency: Canadian dollar
- Capital: Ottawa
- Prime minister: Justin Trudeau