1. Russia successfully test-fires hypersonic missile from nuclear submarine for first time
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian ruble
2. Govt deploys ‘Made in India’ drone first time to transport COVID-19 vaccine
- The Indian Council of Medical Research, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1911
3. NHA revises health benefit package of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is a national public health insurance fund of the Government of India that aims to provide free access to health insurance coverage for low income earners in the country. Roughly, the bottom 50% of the country qualifies for this scheme.
4. Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya releases UNICEF’s publication ‘The State of the World’s Children 2021’
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- President: Tore Hattrem
- Founded: 11 December 1946, New York, United States
5. Govt to investigate ‘Pandora Papers Leak’ by multi-agency group under CBDT Chairman
- Finance Ministry said, in case of earlier similar such leaks in the form of ICIJ, HSBC, Panama Papers and Paradise Papers, the Government has already enacted the Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015 with an aim to curb black money.
6. 5th edition of India – Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise
- JIMEX series of exercises commenced in January 2012 with special focus on maritime security cooperation.
- The last edition of JIMEX was conducted in September 2020.
7. Om Birla, Harivansh to participate in G-20 Parliamentary Speakers Summit in Rome
- Lok Sabha Speaker will participate in Session -1 on the theme “Response to the Social and Employment Crisis caused by the Pandemic. On the sidelines of the extant Summit, Mr Birla will also hold bilateral meetings with his counterparts from other participating Parliaments.
8. Malaysia protests presence of Chinese vessels in its waters
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- Currency: Malaysian ringgit
- Prime minister: Ismail Sabri Yaakob
9. ISSF Junior World Championship
- The International Shooting Sport Federation is the governing body of the Olympic Shooting events in rifle, pistol and shotgun disciplines, and of several non-Olympic Shooting sport events.
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- Founded: 1907
- President: Vladimir Lisin
10. Nobel Prize for physics awarded to scientists from Japan, Germany, Italy
- The prestigious award comes with a Gold medal and 10 million Swedish Kronor. The prize money comes from a bequest left by the price creator, Swedish inventor Alfred Novel, who died in 1895.
12. Ganga River Dolphin Day: 5 October
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
- It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
- Headquarters: Gland, Switzerland
- Founded: 29 April 1961, Morges, Switzerland
- Director: Marco Lambertini (Director General)