1. IIT Roorkee, NDMA develop app that predicts natural disasters
- National Disaster Management Authority, abbreviated as NDMA, is an apex Body of Government of India, with a mandate to lay down policies for disaster management. NDMA was established through the Disaster Management Act enacted by the Government of India on 23 December 2005.
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
2. Ayush Ministry develops 5-minute yoga app ‘Y-Break’
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa and Homoeopathy is purposed with developing education, research and propagation of indigenous alternative medicine systems in India.
- Founded: 9 November 2014
- Ministers responsible:
Sarbananda Sonowal, Cabinet Minister
Mahendra Munjapara, Minister of State
3. Education Minister to address NCERT’s 61st foundation day tomorrow
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training is an autonomous organisation of the Government of India which was established in 1961 as a literary, scientific and charitable Society under the Societies’ Registration Act. Its headquarters are located at Sri Aurbindo Marg in New Delhi.
4. Nine new Judges including three women take oath as Justices in SC
- Besides, Justice C. T. Ravikumar, former Judge of the Kerala High Court, Justice M. M. Sundresh, former Judge of the Madras High Court, Justice Bela M. Trivedi, former Judge of the Gujarat High Court and P S Narasimha, former Additional Solicitor General were also administered the oath of office by the Chief Justice of India N.V. Ramana at a special function held in New Delhi this morning.
5. NPS rules changed: Entry age increased, exit norms revised
- Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority is the regulatory body under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance, Government of India for overall supervision and regulation of pension in India.
- Founded: 23 August 2003
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Supratim Bandyopadhya
6. India virtually hosts 8th meeting of agriculture experts of BIMSTEC countries
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation is an international organisation of seven South Asian and Southeast Asian nations, housing 1.73 billion people and having a combined gross domestic product of $3.8 trillion
- Headquarters: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Founded: 6 June 1997
7. Petroleum Minister to participate in 6th EEF Summit in Vladivostok
- Eastern Economic Forum is an international forum held each year in Vladivostok, Russia, for the purpose of encouraging foreign investment in the Russian Far East.
- Formation: 2015
- Headquarters: Vladivostok, Russia
8. INS Tabar takes part in Maiden Maritime Partnership Exercise with Algerian Navy
- Capital: Algiers [El Djazaïr]
- Currency: Algerian dinar
- President: Abdelmadjid Tebboune
- INS Tabar is the third of the Talwar-class frigate of the Indian Navy. The frigate was commissioned on 19 April 2004 in Kaliningrad, Russia with Captain Biswajit Dasgupta.
9. India, Maldives to sign pact on Greater Male Connectivity Project
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
10. Tokyo Paralympics
- India now have two gold, five silver and three bronze medals whereas China is on top of the table with 60 gold followed by Britain with 29 Gold medals.