1. Union Minister Bhupender Yadav launches DigiSaksham
- The initiative gives priority to the job-seekers of semi-urban areas belonging to disadvantaged communities, including those who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Ministers Responsible
Bhupender Yadav, Cabinet Minister
Rameswar Teli, Minister of State
2. NITI Aayog releases performance assessment report of district hospitals in India
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
3. Union Minister Giriraj Singh launches People’s Plan Campaign-2021 and Vibrant Gram Sabha Dashboard
Ministry of Panchayati Raj
- Ministers responsible
Shri Giriraj Singh, Cabinate Minister
Shri Kapil Moreshwar Patil, Minister of State
Ministry of Rural Development
- Ministers responsible
- Giriraj Singh, Cabinet Minister
- Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, Minister of State
- Shri Faggan Singh Kulaste, Minister of State
4. Defence Minsitry clears acquisition proposals worth over Rs 13,000 crore
- Giving a boost to Indigenous Design and Development of ammunitions, DAC accorded approval for procurement of Terminally Guided Munition (TGM) and Rocket Ammunition at an approx cost of 4,962 crore rupees from domestic sources. Other proposals worth 4,353 crore rupees were also accorded Acceptance of Necessity by the DAC.
5. Sri Lanka bans import of organic fertilisers manufactured in China
- Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
6. Former Afghanistan officials announce Amrullah Saleh led government in exile
- The statement said that after the escape of Ashraf Ghani, his first Vice-President Amrullah Saleh will be leading the country. The statement also said that the three powers of the government namely executive, judicial, and legislative will be activated soon and they have been busy consulting in this regard. The statement has also announced their support to the resistance front – the anti-Taliban front led by Ahmad Masoud – and has added that all the embassies and consulates of Afghanistan will be functional as normal.
7. AIIB approves USD356.67 million loan for expansion of Chennai Metro Rail System
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to improve economic and social outcomes in Asia. The bank currently has 103 members, including 16 prospective members from around the world. Wikipedia
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
8. Rail Minister says assured career progression of sportsperson with Railways is being worked out
- The Railway Minister had declared Special Cash Awards to Indian Railways athletes and coaches besides Railway Sports Promotion Board’s regular Cash Awards.
- In Tokyo Olympic Games, 25 players, six coaches with a Physio were part of 126-member Indian Olympic contingent.
9. No overseas spectators allowed for Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics
- The International Olympic Committee is a non-governmental sports organisation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is constituted in the form of an association under the Swiss Civil Code.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Thomas Bach
- Founded: 23 June 1894, Paris, France
10. World Maritime Day 2021: 30th September
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations responsible for regulating shipping. The IMO was established following agreement at a UN conference held in Geneva in 1948 and the IMO came into existence ten years later, meeting for the first time in 1959.
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom