1. ISRO to launch Geo-Imaging Satellite EOS-03 in 2021
- The Indian Space Research Organisation or is the national space agency of India, headquartered in Bengaluru. It operates under Department of Space which is directly overseen by the Prime Minister of India, while Chairman of ISRO acts as executive of DOS as well.
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
2. Intel launches ‘AI for All’ initiative in collaboration with CBSE
- Intel Corporation is an American multinational corporation and technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in Silicon Valley.
- CEO: Patrick P. Gelsinger
- Founded: 18 July 1968, Mountain View, California, United States
- The Central Board of Secondary Education is a national level board of education in India for public and private schools, controlled and managed by Union Government of India. There are approximately 21,271 schools in India and 220 schools in 28 foreign countries affiliated to the CBSE.
- Founded: 1962
3. Blood Donation Camp organised at INS Virbahu
- INS Virbahu was commissioned as the shore support base for submarines on 19 May 1971. With the commissioning of INS Virbahu the 8th Submarine Squadron of Vela (Foxtrot) class submarines was based here. The Commanding Officer INS Virbahu was also designated as the captain submarines 8th Submarine Squadron.
4. India’s 14 tiger reserves set global standard in tiger conservation
- The 14 tiger reserves, which have been accredited, are Manas, Kaziranga and Orang in Assam; Satpura, Kanha and Panna in Madhya Pradesh; Pench in Maharashtra; Valmiki Tiger Reserve in Bihar; Dudhwa in Uttar Pradesh; Sunderbans in West Bengal; Parambikulam in Kerala; Bandipur Tiger Reserve in Karnataka; and Mudumalai and Anamalai Tiger Reserves in Tamil Nadu.
5. Uttar Pradesh tops in Ethanol Production
- An Ethanol blending target of 20% by 2030 has been preponed to 2025 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on International Environment Day (June %). Further, ethanol distillation capacities will double by the year 2025. In view of realizing these said targets, the government has identified 11 sectors that can stimulate resources by means of recycling and using modern technologies.
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
6. India and US sign extension of SGP deal
- The amendment was signed by Abhilasha Joshi, Joint Secretary, Development Partnership Administration-II division in the MEA, and Karen Klimowsky, Acting Mission Director for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in India.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founder: John F. Kennedy
- Founded: 3 November 1961
7. BRICS Counter Terrorism Action Plan finalized
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs. Since 2009, the governments of the BRICS states have met annually at formal summits.
- Founded: June 2006
- Headquarters: BRICS Tower (Shanghai)
8. Vantika Agrawal bags National Women Online Chess title
- In the absence of over-the-board events due to the ongoing pandemic, the All India Chess Federation has decided to consider the performance of this online event for selection of players for the Asian individual championship and other events. The rapid time-control used in the championship was 15-minute, plus five-second increment (per-move), for each player.
- The All India Chess Federation is central administrative body for the game of chess in India. Founded in 1951, the federation is affiliated to Fédération Internationale des Échecs, the world body for chess.
- President: Sanjay Kapoor
- Headquarters: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
9. Satpura Tiger Reserve wins NatWest Group Earth Heroes Award
- The Satpura Tiger Reserve in the Hoshangabad district is an area spread over 2,130 square kilometers and is part of the Deccan Bio-Geographic area. It is the oldest forest wealth in the country due to its unprecedented natural beauty. You can find 26 species in the Himalayan region and 42 species found in the Nilgiri forests in the Satpura forest area. That is why, like the vast Western Ghats, it is called the Northern Ghats. Some species such as insectivores are found in both Ghatparni, Bamboo, Hisalu, Daru Haldi Satpura, and the Himalayas.
- The NatWest Group Earth Heroes Awards strive to recognize and honour individuals and institutions who work exceptionally hard to protect and conserve these wildlife and wild habitats in India.
10. World Day Against Trafficking in Persons: 30th July
- This day was designated by the United Nations General Assembly as a means to combat the issues that are caused due to human trafficking. The day was declared with the aim of raising awareness around the victims of human trafficking. It also helps raise funds for those victims.
- The UN wanted to make the trafficked people aware of their protection and rights. Since 2003, the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has been working on identifying and saving people from the rackets that kept them captive.