1. BRICS Agricultural Research Platform inaugurated in India
- The BRICS-ARP has been operationizedto intensify cooperation in the areas of agricultural research, technology, policy, innovations and capacity building including technologies for smallholder farming and to sustainably increase yields and farmers income in the BRICS member countries. The platform shall escalate the exchange of research findings and innovation and best practices for upscaling in the respective BRICS Nations.
2. MIB officially recognizes NBF”s self-regulatory body
- Presently, the PNBSA is the only body in the country that has successfully demonstrated compliance with national standards in the domain of news media. As the only accredited self-regulatory body for news media, the PNBSA has undergone rigorous scrutiny, it said.
3. Govt introduces new BH number series for vehicles
- The format of BH-series registration mark will be YY BH #### XX. YY denotes the year of first registration, BH is code for Bharat Series, #### is the randomised four digit number and XX are two alphabets, according to road transport ministry.
- A vehicle bearing this registration mark shall not require assignment of a new registration mark when the owner of the vehicle shifts from one state to another, according to a statement from the ministry.
4. INS Airavat arrives in Vietnam with Covid relief supplies
- INS Airavat is the third Shardul-class amphibious warfare vessel of the Indian Navy.
- Construction started: 2004
- Launched: 27 March 2006
- Builder: Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers
5. Foreign Secretary to chair UNSC meeting on Middle East
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Abbreviation: UNSC
6. North Korea appears to have restarted Yongbyon nuclear reactor, says IAEA
- The International Atomic Energy Agency is an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons. The IAEA was established as an autonomous organisation on 29 July 1957.
- Headquarters: Vienna, Austria
7. SP Sethuraman wins 2021 Barcelona Open Chess Tournament
- The All India Chess Federation is central administrative body for the game of chess in India. Founded in 1951, the federation is affiliated to Fédération Internationale des Échecs, the world body for chess.
- President: Sanjay Kapoor
- Affiliation: FIDE
- Founded: 1951
8-9. Tokyo Paralympics 2021
- The Paralympics has grown from a small gathering of British World War II veterans in 1948 to become one of the largest international sporting events by the early 21st century. The Paralympics has grown from 400 athletes with a disability from 23 countries in 1960 to thousands of competitors from over 100 countries at the 2012 Summer Paralympics.
10. International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances: 30th August
- On December 21, 2010, the United Nations General Assembly officially proclaimed August 30 as the International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances. The UN General Assembly on December 21 expressed its deep concern about the increase in enforced or involuntary disappearances across the world. The enforced disappearances can be caused by arrest, detention and abduction. Enforced disappearance is used as a strategy to create terror in society.