1. Google Pay launches digital FD in tie-up with Equitas Small Finance Bank
Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Headquarters: Chennai
- Founded: 2016
- Key people: Arun Ramanathan (Part-time Chairman); Vasudevan P N (MD & CEO)
2. Gujarat to host 12th Defence Expo-2022 in Gandhinagar
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
3. FSSAI grants five star Eat Right Station certification to Chandigarh Railway Station
- With this, Chandigarh Railway Station has become the fifth station in India to get this recognition. The other railway stations with this certification are Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai Central Railway Station and Vadodara Railway Station.
- Founded: August 2011
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Rita Teaotia
4. Govt appoints JB Mohapatra as Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes
- Income Tax Department is headed by the apex body Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). Main responsibility of IT Department is to enforce various direct tax laws, most important among these being the Income-tax Act, 1961, to collect revenue for Government of India. It also enforces other economic laws like the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act, 1988 and the Black Money Act, 2015.
5. Finance Minister attends 11th UK-India Economic and Financial Dialogue
- The 11th Economic and Financial Dialogue concluded with adoption of Joint Statement by Union Finance Minister and Chancellor of Exchequer of United Kingdom and release of the Joint Statement on Climate Finance Leadership Initiative India partnership.
6. India Pavilion in Expo-2020 Dubai to start on October 1
- As India celebrates 75 years of its independence, the India Pavilion will mirror the celebrations of Amrit Mahotsav, which was launched by the Prime Minister and will bring to the world the New India through many activities and cultural extravaganza.
- The entire four-storey structure is divided into two parts. The zones are identified based on 11 primary themes – Climate and Biodiversity, Space, Urban and Rural Development, Tolerance and Inclusivity, Golden Jubilee, Knowledge and Learning, Travel and Connectivity, Global Goals, Health and Wellness, Food Agriculture and Livelihoods and Water.
7. New Development Bank approves Bangladesh as a new member
- The New Development Bank, formerly referred to as the BRICS Development Bank, is a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS states.
- Headquarters: Shanghai, China
- President: Marcos Prado Troyjo
- Founded: 15 July 2014, Fortaleza, State of Ceará, Brazil
8. Hibatullah Akhundzada to be the supreme leader of Afghanistan
- The Taliban, which refers to itself as the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, is a Deobandi Islamist religious-political movement and military organization in Afghanistan.
- Founded: September 1994, Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Founders: Mohammed Omar, Abdul Ghani Baradar
9. Sri Lanka declares food emergency as forex crisis
- Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
10. World Coconut Day: 2nd September
- This day was first celebrated in 2009 by the Asia Pacific Coconut Community. Since then, there has been no going back. Collaborating with UN-ESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific), APCC goes on to highlight its versatility and how it plays an important role in keeping us healthy.