1.SWASTIIK Technology for Disinfecting Water
- The novel strategy of SWASTIIK (Safe Water and Sustainable Technology Initiative from Indian Knowledgebase) can have significant benefits in terms of providing SAFE WATER and also possible health benefits that can also boost immunity, an important aspect as underlined in the current COVID-19 era.
- This technology was developed in backdrop of National JalJeevan Mission (NJJM) which recently issued an advisory for states and Union territories to monitor and survey water quality and ensure potable water amid rising covid-19 cases.
- National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL), Pune, established in 1950, is a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). CSIR-NCL is a science and knowledge based research, development and consulting organization.
2. New Zealand signs space agreement with NASA
- New Zealand is the eleventh signatory to Artemis Accords.
- Artemis accords are an international agreement and American-led effort which seeks to relaunch humans to Moon by 2024. Agreement was signed by governments participating in Artemis programme with the objective of expanding and deepening space exploration. It was drafted under the aegis of NASA. It provides a framework for cooperation in civil exploration and peaceful use of Mars, Moon and other astronomical objects. The accord was signed in October 13, 2020.
Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
Administered by: Steve Jurczyk
3. Justice A.K. Mishra appointed NHRC chief
- The National Human Rights Commission of India is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
- First executive: RanganathMisra
4. NITI Aayog to launch 3rd rendition of India’s SDG tomorrow
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairman: Dr. Rajiv Kumar
- Member (Health): Dr. Vinod Paul
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
- Adviser (SDG): SanyuktaSamaddar
5. Cabinet approves Model Tenancy Act
- Model Tenancy Act, 2019, a tenancy law in India, was designed to rebuild tenancy market. Creation of the act was first announced in budget speech of 2019 by finance minister NirmalaSitharaman. It seeks to replace archaic rental laws of India and to solve housing availability deficit. Act will help in achieving the target of “Housing for All by 2022”.
6. IBF appointed Justice VikramjitSen as the chairman of DMCRC
- Six other eminent industry members which include filmmaker NikkhilAdvani, writer and director Tigmanshu Dhulia, filmmaker and writer AshwinyIyerTiwari, content producer and distributor Banijay Group CEO and founder Deepak Dhar would also be part of the self-regulatory body.
- This Council also includes – Sony Pictures General Counsel Ashok Nambisan and Star and Disney India Chief Regional Counsel MihirRale.
7. RDSO Becomes First Standards Body to Join ‘One Nation, One Standard’ Scheme
- The Research Designs & Standards Organization is an ISO 9001 research and development organization under the Ministry of Railways of government of India.
- RDSO Headquarters: Lucknow
- RDSO Founded: 1921
- The ‘One Nation, One Standard’ scheme was launched in 2019 with the objective to develop one template of standard for one given product in the country, instead of having multiple agencies set it, thereby building a ‘Brand India’ identity in the long run.
8. Isaac Herzog elected as Israel’s 11th President
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Currency: New shekel
9. Chinese climber becomes first blind Asian to scale Everest
- Erik Weihenmayer (September 23, 1968) is an American athlete, adventurer, author, activist and motivational speaker. He is the first blind person to reach the summit of Mount Everest, on May 25, 2001.
- A climber from Austria was the second blind person to reach the peak.
- Elevation: 8,849 m
- First ascent: 29 May 1953
- Mountain range: Himalayas
- First ascenders: Edmund Hillary, Tenzing Norgay
- Countries: Nepal, China
10. WHO clears Chinese Vaccine Sinovac for emergency use
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- WHO Director-General: Dr.TedrosAdhanomGhebreyesus
11. Brazil to host Copa America for 2nd consecutive time
- The 2021 Copa América will be the 47th edition of the Copa América, the international men’s football championship organized by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL. The tournament will take place in Brazil from 13 June to 10 July 2021.
- President: JairBolsonaro
- Capital: Brasilia
- Currency: Brazilian real
12. Utah Jazz’s Jordan Clarkson wins 2021 Sixth Man of the Year
- The National Basketball Association’s Sixth Man of the Year Award is an annual National Basketball Association award given since the 1982–83 NBA season to the league’s best performing player for his team coming off the bench as a substitute (or sixth man).
- First award: 1982–83
- NBA Headquarters: New York, US
- NBA Founded: 6 June, 1946