1. Mansukh Mandaviya to virtually inaugurate Iconic week tomorrow
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministers Responsible
Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Cabinet Minister
Bhagwanth Khuba, Minister of State
2. World’s largest Khadi Tricolour unfurled in Ladakh on Gandhi Jayanti
- Sura-Soi Engineer Regiment was entrusted with the responsibility of installing the National Flag at the top of the high mountains. On the occasion, LG Mathur said, KVIC has created the largest symbol of patriotism for the people of the country.
- The flag measuring 225 ft by 150 ft and weighing 1000 kgs, is the largest hand woven and hand spun Cotton Khadi Flag ever manufactured in India by the Khadi Village and Industries Commission affiliated Mumbai based Khadi Dyers and Printers.
3. NITI Aayog to felicitate 75 women achievers
- Since 2018, the WTI Awards have been hosted under the aegis of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform with a focus on ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’.
- This year, the WTI Awards are being launched in partnership with the UN, CISCO CSR, FICCI and Grant Thornton Bharat.
4. EC freezes Lok Janshakti Party poll symbol
- The Election Commission of India is a permanent and independent body established by the Constitution of India directly to ensure free and fair elections in the country.
- First Executive: Sukumar Sen
- Current Executive: Sushil Chandra
5. UNGA President Abdulla Shahid says, he received two doses of Covishield
- The United Nations General Assembly is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, serving as the main deliberative, policymaking, and representative organ of the UN. Its powers, composition, functions, and procedures are set out in Chapter IV of the United Nations Charter.
- President: Abdulla Shahid
- Headquarters: New York, United States
6. India-Sri Lanka Joint Military Exercise ‘Mitra Shakti’ to be conducted in Sri Lanka
- Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
7. BNS Somudra Avijan arrives at Visakhapatnam to Commemorate Swarnim Vijay Varsh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- President: Abdul Hamid
8. Gandhi Museum inaugurated at Noakhali in Bangladesh
- A seminar on the theme of Ahimsa, Satyagraha and the Mahatma – Revisited was also organised to commemorate the International Day of Non-Violence and the 152nd Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi at Gandhi Ashram, Noakhali as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
9. Nagaland to host 56th National Cross Country Championship
- Ahead of the National championship, the Nagaland Athletics Federation will also be holding cross country events in different districts of the state.
- Capital: Kohima
- Chief minister: Neiphiu Rio
- Official bird: Blyth’s tragopan
10. Vice President confers Assam Government’s biennial Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi Award for National Integration and National Contribution
- The award carries five lakh rupees each, a citation and an angavastram.The Vice President said that Gopinath Bordoloi was a true statesman and we must take inspiration from his works.
- The Gopinath Bordoloi Award is named after the first chief minister of Assam after independence and he was a freedom fighter. He was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1999 posthumously.
11. International Day of Non-Violence: 2nd October
- The resolution in the UNGA was passed with a goal to secure a culture of peace, tolerance and understanding with the help of the teachings of Gandhi who inspired millions to adopt the path of non-violence. It was in January 2004 that Iranian Noble Laureate Shirin Ebadi proposed the idea for the day. The idea attracted many Congress leaders, who in 2007 called upon the UN to adopt the idea.