1. DRDO successfully tests new generation nuclear capable missile Agni-P
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is the premier agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi, India.
- Founded: 1958
- Dr. Abdul Kalam Island, formerly known as Wheeler Island, is an island off the coast of Odisha, India, approximately 150 kilometres east of the state capital Bhubaneswar. The Integrated Test Range missile testing facility is located on the island.
2. Europe’s Space Agency to hire first disabled astronaut
- The European Space Agency is an intergovernmental organization of 22 member states dedicated to the exploration of space. Established in 1975 and headquartered in Paris, ESA has a worldwide staff of about 2,200 in 2018 and an annual budget of about €6.5 billion in 2021.
- CEO: Johann-Dietrich Wörner.
3. Private players in India can build and operate rocket launch sites
- “The Draft National Space Transportation Policy-2020 is comprehensive covering all aspects of rocket launching, launchpads, reentry of a space object and others.
- The Department of Space is an Indian government department responsible for administration of the Indian space program. It manages several agencies and institutes related to space exploration and space technologies.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- First executive: Vikram Sarabhai
- Current executive: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- Founded: 1972
4. Rajnath Singh dedicates to nation 63 bridges in 6 states and 2 UTs
- The Border Roads Organisation is a road construction executive force in India that provides support to and is a part of the Indian Armed Forces. BRO develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighboring countries.
- Director General: Lt. Gen. Rajeev Chaudhary
- Founded: 7 May 1960
- Headquarters: New Delhi
5. IHCL’s Taj rated strongest hotel brand in the world
- The Indian Hotels Company Limited is an Indian hospitality company that manages a portfolio of hotels, resorts, jungle safaris, palaces, spas and in-flight catering services. It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group conglomerate.
- Founder: Jamsetji Tata
- Founded: 1899
- Headquarters: Mumbai
6. Six Indian Medical Colleges find place in list of 100 best medical colleges of world
- Based on the opinion of 90 thousand people in the survey, the opinion of the world’s top 100 medical colleges has been made the basis. In this, Academic Repo of all colleges, Admission Eligibility, Expertise, World Repo, Annual Tuition Fee, Research and Student Feedback have been made the basis. Out of 90 thousand people, 40 thousand students, 48 thousand industrialists, 2 thousand experts and educationists were involved.
- This ranking is released by CEO World Magazine.
7. Amazon Web Services acquires Signal-rival, encrypted messaging app Wickr
- Wickr, which was founded in 2011 and is based in San Fransisco, describes itself as the “most secure” video conferencing and collaboration platform. Unlike other collaboration tools, which encrypt messages as they travel from a user’s device to a company’s servers but store those communications in an unencrypted state, Wickr uses end-to-end encryption which means that only people on either end of a conversation can decrypt and read messages.
- Amazon Web Services is a subsidiary of Amazon providing on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-go basis.
- CEO: Andy Jassy
- Founder: Amazon.com
- Founded: 2006
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
8. Indian shooter Rahi Sarnobat grabs gold at ISSF World Cup
- The International Shooting Sport Federation is the governing body of the Olympic Shooting events in rifle, pistol and shotgun disciplines, and of several non-Olympic Shooting sport events.
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- Founded: 1907
- President: Vladimir Lisin
- Membership: 150 regions
9. Shafali Verma becomes youngest Indian Cricketer to make debut in all formats
- Sachin Tendulkar is the youngest debutant at the age of 16 years and 238 days and Farokh Engineer is the oldest debutant at the age of 36 years and 138 days (International Cricket).
- President: Sourav Ganguly
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: December 1928
10. CJI releases book by former SC judge on evolving legal system
- The 48th and present chief justice is N. V. Ramana.
- Term length: Until the age of 65
- First holder: H. J. Kania (1950–1951)
- Salary: ₹280,000 (per month)