1. Chandrayaan-3 launch likely in third quarter of 2022: Govt
- Chandrayaan-3 is a planned third lunar exploration mission by the Indian Space Research Organisation.
- Start date: 2022
- Rocket: GSLV Mark III
- Spacecraft component: Rover
- Operator: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Manufacturer: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
2. Multipurpose device COVID BEEP developed by ECIL, ESIC Hyderabad
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited is a Government of India Enterprise under the Department of Atomic Energy, established on 11 April 1967 by A. S. Rao at Hyderabad, to create a strong indigenous base in electronics.
- The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an international humanitarian movement with approximately 97 million volunteers, members and staff worldwide, which was founded to protect human life and health, to ensure respect for all human beings, and to prevent and alleviate human suffering.
- Founded: 1863, Geneva, Switzerland
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
3. Parliament passed amendment Bill to strengthen juvenile justice law
- According to the amendments, background and educational qualification checks will be included in the process of selection of a member of a child welfare committee.
- “If an individual has a record of violation of human rights, that individual can never be appointed as a member of the child welfare committee. If an individual is convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude and has not been granted pardon, that individual cannot serve as a member of the child welfare committee. If an individual has ever abused a child, employed a child labour or indulged in immoral acts, that individual cannot serve in the child welfare committee,”.
4. IMF downgrades India’s growth projection to 9.5% from 12.5% for 2021-22
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., U.S
- Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath
- Formation: 27 December 1945
- Membership: 190 countries
5. Two Day Vishal Pashudhan Vyapar Mela inaugurated in J&K
- The major event like ‘Two Day Vishal Pashudhan Vyapar Mela’ is a serious attempt to give well organised platform to the farmers to sale and purchase good quality breeds of cows, buffaloes, sheep and goat from Punjab, Himachal and other neighbouring states besides good variety from within the J&K. The ultimate aim is to provide new avenues to the farmers so that the objective of doubling farmers’ income can be achieved.
6. Rajnath Singh addresses SCO Defence Ministers’ meeting
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China.
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Official language: Chinese and Russian
- Formation: 2001
8. China hosts Taliban delegation in Tianjin
- The Taliban or Taleban, who refer to themselves as the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, is a Deobandi Islamist movement and military organization in Afghanistan, currently waging war within the country. Since 2016, the Taliban’s leader has been Mawlawi Hibatullah Akhundzada.
- Founded: September 1994, Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Operating areas: Afghanistan
- Founders: Mohammed Omar, Abdul Ghani Baradar
- China, officially the People’s Republic of China, is a country in East Asia and unitary one-party socialist republic of led by the Communist Party of China. It is the world’s most populous country, with a population of more than 1.4 billion.
- Currency: Renminbi
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
- Official language: Mandarin
9. Tropical storm Nepartak to bring rain, wind, waves to northeast Japan
- Typhoon Nepartak, known in the Philippines as Typhoon Butchoy, was the third most intense tropical cyclone worldwide in 2016. Nepartak severely impacted Taiwan and East China, with 86 confirmed fatalities. It caused 3 deaths and NT$678 million of damage in Taiwan.
Nepartak in Japan
- The tropical storm had winds of 72 kilometers per hour (44.7 mph) around midday Tuesday off Chiba on Japan’s central-eastern coast, the agency said. It forecast the storm would maintain its current strength through the day but would weaken before making landfall near the city of Akita, about 570 kilometers (340 miles) northeast of Tokyo.
10. World Hepatitis Day: 28th July
- World Hepatitis Day is observed on 28th July every year, the birth anniversary of Nobel-prize winning scientist Dr. Baruch Blumberg who developed a vaccine for Hepatitis B virus, across the world to raise global awareness of the global burden of Viral Hepatitis.
- Dr. Blumberg discovered the hepatitis B virus in 1967 and two years later developed the first hepatitis B vaccine and for these achievements won the Nobel Prize.