1. Niti Aayog, Cisco launch next phase of Women Entrepreneurship Platform
- CEO: Chuck Robbins
- Headquarters: San Jose, California, United States
- Founded: 10 December 1984, San Francisco, California, United States
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
2. Govt to run Know Your Constitution campaign soon
- The Minister further said that the government has released this compilation in digital format keeping in line with the transformative digital revolution. The book will be released in eleven Indian languages along with Hindi and English. The virtual exhibition has a collection of videos and speeches along with an interactive quiz with a provision for e-certificate, he further added.
3. Indian MoD signed contract for ASW Defence Suites with Mahindra
- “IADS is a high-end underwater equipment that uses latest technology. It is designed to detect and protect warships from underwater threats. It is a versatile system capable of operations from all sizes of warships – small, medium, and large.
4. WCD Ministry to celebrate POSHAN Maah across nation throughout next month
- The wide gamut of activities during the POSHAN Maah this year will broadly focus on Plantation Drive for POSHAN VATIKA by all the stakeholders in the space available at Anganwadis, School Premises, Gram Panchayats and other places. There will also be a special drive for Height and Weight Measurement for Children, under 6 Years of Age, during the Poshan Maah.
5. Cuba to recognize, regulate cryptocurrency
- Capital: Havana
- President: Miguel Díaz-Canel
- Continent: North America
6. Algeria cuts diplomatic ties with Morocco over ‘hostile actions’
- Capital: Algiers [El Djazaïr]
- Currency: Algerian dinar
- President: Abdelmadjid Tebboune
- Capital: Rabat
- Currency: Moroccan dirham
- Continent: Africa
7. India Pavilion inaugurated at ARMY 2021 forum in Moscow
- The forum is being organised by the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation since 2015. The International Military and Technical Forum ‘ARMY’ is the world’s leading exhibition of armament and military equipment and the authoritative platform for discussing innovative ideas and developments for the armed forces by various foreign exhibitors, delegations and visitors.
8. India elected to Council of Administration at 27th UPU Congress in Abidjan
Universal Postal Union
- Headquarters: Bern, Switzerland
- Founded: 9 October 1874
- Head: Director-General; Masahiko Meteko
9. BRICS adopts ‘New Delhi Statement’, India stresses on climate equity
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs.
- Headquarters: BRICS Tower
- Founded: June 2006
10. Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur launches FIT India Mobile Application
- The Fit India Movement was launched on this day in 2019 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the vision of making India a Fit and Healthy Nation.
- Currently, the Fit India Movement is also conducting Fit India Freedom Run 2.0 in celebration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence.
11. G Sathiyan wins Czech International Open crown, third ITTF title in career
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- CEO: Steve Dainton (Jul 2017–)
- Founded: 1926
12. Tokyo Paralympics
- The 2020 Summer Paralympics, branded as Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games, are a major international multi-sport parasports event governed by the International Paralympic Committee. Scheduled as the 16th Summer Paralympic Games.
- Motto: United by Emotion
13. Afghan journalists, interpreters awarded Pulitzer Prize Special Citation for ‘courageous’ work
- The Pulitzer Prize is an award for achievements in newspaper, magazine, online journalism, literature and musical composition within the United States. It was established in 1917 by provisions in the will of Joseph Pulitzer, who had made his fortune as a newspaper publisher and is administered by Columbia University.
14. Anurag Thakur presented the book titled Reflecting, Recollecting, Reconnecting to the VP
- The 183-page book captures the salient aspects of the Vice President’s activities during the fouth year in pictures, vignettes and words in five chapters. During the year, the Vice President attended 133 events across 10 States and two Union Territories. He had delivered 53 lectures, released 23 books and presided over 22 inaugural events.
15. National Sports Day: 29th August
- For the first time in 2012, National Sports Day was included in India’s list of national celebrations. India’s National Sports Day is celebrated every year on August 29. Major Dhyan Chand, widely known as the “Hockey Wizard” and “The Magician”, was born on August 29, 1905, and National Sports Day is marked to celebrate his birthday.