1. Govt launches Amrit Mahotsav App Innovation Challenge 2021
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar said, this is in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of building a new, AatmaNirbhar Bharat by the year 2022 and to celebrate the 75th year of Independence of India, as the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. More than 500 million people are estimated to be using smartphones in India and Indians are also amongst the top downloaders of apps in the world.
2. Govt to launch e-Shram portal
- Ministers responsible
Bhupender Yadav, Cabinet Minister
RameswarTeli, Minister of State
3. 1st edition of NERDSD Goal Index Report & Dashboard 2021-22
- The North Eastern Region District SDG Index Report and Dashboard is a collaborative effort by NITI Aayog and DoNER Ministry.
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Objectives: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
4. Govt launches new geospatial planning portal, ‘Yuktdhara’
- Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act 2005, is an Indian labour law and social security measure that aims to guarantee the ‘right to work’. This act was passed in 23 August 2005 under the UPA government of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
- Launch year: 2006
5. India, ADB sign 500 million dollar loan to expand Bengaluru Metro Rail Network
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
6. India emerged as 2nd most sought after manufacturing destination across world
- CEO: W. Brett White
- Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Founded: 1917
7. NSA Ajit Doval hosts 11th Meeting of BRICS High Representatives Responsible for National Security
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs. Since 2009, the governments of the BRICS states have met annually at formal summits.
- Headquarters: BRICS Tower
- Founded: June 2006
8. Pakistan gets 2.75 billion from IMF under SDR programme
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an international financial institution, headquartered in Washington, D.C., consisting of 190 countries working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world while periodically depending on the World Bank for its resources. Formed in 1944, started in 27 December 1945, at the Bretton Woods Conference primarily by the ideas of Harry Dexter White and John Maynard Keynes.
9. Tek Chand led Indian contingent at opening ceremony of 16th Paralympic games in Tokyo
- The Paralympics has grown from a small gathering of British World War II veterans in 1948 to become one of the largest international sporting events by the early 21st century. The Paralympics has grown from 400 athletes with a disability from 23 countries in 1960 to thousands of competitors from over 100 countries at the 2012 Summer Paralympics. Paralympians strive for equal treatment with non-disabled Olympic athletes, but there is a large funding gap between Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
10. World Water Week 2021: 23-27 August
- Stockholm International Water Institute is a Stockholm-based policy institute that generates knowledge and guides decision-making towards water wise decisions.
- Headquarters location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Founded: 1991