1. I&B Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurates high power transmitters at one of world’s highest radio stations
- All India Radio, officially known since 1957 as Akashvani, is the national public radio broadcaster of India and is a division of Prasar Bharati. It was established in 1936. It is the sister service of Prasar Bharati’s Doordarshan, an Indian television broadcaster.
2. World’s Highest EV Charging Station inaugurated in Himachal Pradesh
- Chief minister: Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
3. India has emerged as 4th largest exporter of Marine products in the world
Ministry of I&B
- Minister responsible
Anurag Thakur, Minister of Information and Broadcasting
L. Murugan, Minister of State
4. PM Modi to bring home 157 artefacts, antiquities handed over by US
- The items largely belong to the period of 11th CE to 14th CE as well as historic antiquities such as the copper anthropomorphic object of 2000BC or the terracotta vase from the 2nd CE. Some 45 antiquities belong to Before Common Era.
- While half of the artifacts nearly 71 are cultural, the other half consists of figurines which relate to Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. Their make spreads across metal, stone and terracotta.
5. Ministry of Civil Aviation releases India’s airspace map for drone operations
Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministers responsible
Jyotiraditya Scindia, Cabinet Minister
V.K. Singh, Minister of State
6. Weaver Services and Design Resource Center will be set up in Kullu
- It may be recalled that at present, there are 13572 registered weavers in the state whose livelihood was related to the skill of weaving and embroidery. The handkerchief of Chamba along-with Kullu shawl and cap and the shawl of Kinnaur had been given G.I. Tags. In order to facilitate online sales platform for weavers, recently, MoU had been signed with Flipkart and department was also doing online sale of products.
7. Centre notifies Production Linked Incentive Scheme for automobile & auto components
- In order to boost domestic manufacturing and cut down on import bills, the union government in March 2020 introduced a PLI scheme that aims to give companies incentives on incremental sales from products manufactured in domestic units.
8. Naga Cucumber from Nagaland gets GI tag
- This is primarily grown as a cash crop along with paddy and however, now the ‘off-season’ cucumbers from different districts of the Nagaland especially from Mokokchung district have gained much popularity within the state and now it has become a trend amongst the farmers in the district.
9. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 76th session of UNGA
- The United Nations General Assembly is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, serving as the main deliberative, policymaking, and representative organ of the UN. Its powers, composition, functions, and procedures are set out in Chapter IV of the United Nations Charter. Wikipedia
- President: Abdulla Shahid
- Headquarters: New York, United States
10. Bangladesh: ADB approves USD 250 million loan for economic recovery programme
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
11. Bangabandhu-Bapu digital exhibition opens in Dhaka
- The exhibition was virtually inaugurated on 16 December last year by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina during the virtual summit of the two leaders.
- High Commissioner Vikram Doraiswami said that the exhibition will be displayed at Chattogram, Sylhet, Rajshahi and Khulna in Bangladesh and also internationally after it ends in Dhaka on October 11.
12. QUAD leaders call for free and open Indo-Pacific
- To address the climate change, the joint statement calls for reducing carbon footprints towards global net zero emissions by 2050 and to establish resilient clean energy supply chains.
- In order to promote innovation and emerging technologies, 100 graduate fellowships to leading science, technology, Engineering and Mathematics graduates has been announced by the QUAD leaders.
13. Odisha to host junior men’s World Cup Hockey
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
14. Nation observes Antyodaya Divas on 25 September
- The day was declared by the Modi Government on September 25, 2014, and officially celebrated since 2015.
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, born in Mathura in 1916 was one of the key leaders of Bharatiya Jana Sangh from which the BJP later emerged. He was the leader of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh from 1953 to 1968.