1. World’s first DNA vaccine
- Cadila Healthcare Limited is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India primarily engaged in the manufacture of generic drugs. It ranked 100th in the Fortune India 500 list in 2020.
- CEO: Pankaj Patel (15 May 1995–)
- Founder: Ramanbhai Patel
- Founded: 1952
2. Cabinet approves merger of CRWC with CWC
- The merger will facilitate setting up of at least 50 more Railside warehouses near the goods-shed locations. This is likely to generate employment opportunities equivalent to over 36 thousand mandays for skilled workers and over 9.12 lakh mandays for unskilled workers. The merger is expected to be completed within eight months.
- Central Railside Warehouse Company Limited (CRWC) a Mini-Ratna, Category-II, Public Sector Enterprise was incorporatedon 10.07. 2007under the Companies Act, 1956.
- Central Warehousing Corporation is a statutory body which was established under ‘The Warehousing Corporations Act, 1962.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 2 March 1957
3. ED transfers assets of Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi to PSBs
- The investigation by the ED has proved that substantial part of these assets were held in the names of dummy entities, trusts, third persons and relatives of these accused and these entities were proxy of these accused to hold these assets. Out of total attached assets of 18,170 crore rupees, over 329 crore rupees have been confiscated and over 9,041 crore rupees have been handed over to the banks.
- The Directorate of Enforcement is a law enforcement agency and economic intelligence agency responsible for enforcing economic laws and fighting economic crime in India. It is part of the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- The Directorate of Enforcement, with its headquarters at New Delhi, is headed by the Director of Enforcement. There are five regional offices at Mumbai, Chennai, Chandigarh, Kolkata and Delhi headed by Special Directors of Enforcement.
- Founded: 1 May 1956
4. First ever Genetically Modified Rubber sapling planted in Assam
- The Rubber Research Institute of India (RRII) established in 1955 is located on a hillock in the eastern suburb of Puthuppally, Kottayam, eight kilometres from the town.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Prof. Jagdish Mukhi
5. Grave Concerns Raised over Xinjiang at U.N. Human Rights Council
- The United Nations Human Rights Council is a United Nations body whose mission is to promote and protect human rights around the world. The Council has 47 members elected for staggered three-year terms on a regional group basis. The headquarters of the Council is in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Founded: 15 March 2006
- President: Nazhat Shameem
- Formation: 15 March 2006
6. Digital News Report 2021
- Reuters is an international news organisation owned by Thomson Reuters. It employs around 2,500 journalists and 600 photojournalists in about 200 locations worldwide. Reuters is one of the largest news agencies in the world.
- The agency was established in London in 1851 by the German-born Paul Reuter.
- Headquarters: Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom
7. U.K. liaison officer joins Navy’s information fusion centre
- Based on lessons learnt and best practices for exchange of White Shipping Information, an initiative started by the Indian Navy and supported by the government has been launched on 21 Dec 2018. The virtual launch of the IFC-IOR centre will mark a beginning of a new era wherein collaborative, inclusive and high tech approach would be adopted to detect and deter maritime security threats of the region.
- The IFC has been established at Gurugram, India and is collocated with Information Management and Analysis Centre which is jointly administered by the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard.
8. India’s Olympic theme song launched
- The Indian Olympic Association is the body responsible for selecting athletes to represent India at the Olympic Games, Asian Games and other international athletic meets and for managing the Indian teams at these events.
- President: Narayana Ramachandran
- Founded: 1927
- Secretary General: Rajeev Mehta
9. New Zealand become the first ever World Test Champions
- The ICC World Test Championship is a league competition for Test cricket run by the International Cricket Council (ICC), which started on 1 August 2019. It is intended to be the premier championship for Test cricket. It is in line with the ICC’s goal of having one pinnacle tournament for each of the three formats of international cricket.
- Format: Test cricket
- First edition: 2019–2021
- Next edition: 2021–2023
- Number of teams: 9
10. International Olympic Day: 23rd June
- World Olympic Day was introduced in 1948 to commemorate the birth of the modern Olympic Games on June 23, 1894, at the Sorbonne in Paris. The goal of celebrating Olympic Day was to promote participation in sport across the globe regardless of age, gender, or athletic ability.
11. International Widows Day: 23rd June
- International Widows Day is a United Nations ratified day of action to address the “poverty and injustice faced by millions of widows and their dependents in many countries”. The day takes place annually on 23 June.
- On 21 December 2010, the United Nations General Assembly formally adopted 23 June as International Widows Day, endorsing by unanimous acclaim a proposal introduced by President Ali Bongo Ondimba of Gabon. As well as formally recognizing 23 June as a day of observance, the accompanying resolution called upon “Member States, the United Nations system and other international and regional organizations to give special attention to the situation of widows and their children.”