1. India En route to a clean and sustainable energy future
- According to the available data, the Khavda renewable energy park in Kutch will be the world’s largest and will finally generate around 30GW of clean energy and will be spread over 72,600 hectares. India’s power grid stability is largely dependent on large battery storage. As 1GWh (1,000-MWh) of battery capacity is sufficient to power 1 million homes for an hour and around 30,000 electric cars.
2. India now has 10 International Blue Flag beaches
- FEE Denmark conduct regular monitoring & audits for strict compliance of the 33 criteria at all times. A waving “Blue Flag” is an indication of 100% compliance to these 33 stringent criteria and sound health of the beach.
3. EC organises virtual National Conference on Accessible Elections 2021
- The Election Commission of India is a permanent and independent body established by the Constitution of India directly to ensure free and fair elections in the country.
- First executive: Sukumar Sen
- Current Executive: Sushil Chandra
4. Govt decides to appoint Air Marshal V R Chaudhari as next Chief of IAF
- Air Marshal Chaudhari is decorated with Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal and Vayu Sena Medal.
- India observes Indian Air Force Day every year on October 8
5. International Monetary puts on hold funds to Afghanistan amid rising uncertainty
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an international financial institution, headquartered in Washington, D.C., consisting of 190 countries.
- Formed in 1944, started on 27 December 1945, at the Bretton Woods Conference primarily by the ideas of Harry Dexter White and John Maynard Keynes, it came into formal existence in 1945 with 29 member countries and the goal of reconstructing the international monetary system.
6. U.N. Chief, UK PM to hold roundtable of world leaders
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization aiming to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- Secretary general: António Guterres
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
7. India, Indonesia begin three-day naval exercise in Sunda Strait
- President: Joko Widodo
- Capital: Jakarta
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
8. Iran becomes 9th member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
- Founded: 15 June 2001
- Official language: Chinese and Russian
9. PM Hasina receives SDG Progress Award
- The SDSN was set up in 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary General. Led by development economist Jeoffery Sachs, the SDSN seeks to mobilize global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development.
10. International Week of Deaf People 2021: September 20 to 26
- The World Federation of the Deaf is an international non-governmental organization that acts as a peak body for national associations of Deaf people, with a focus on Deaf people who use sign language and their family and friends.
- Founded: 23 September 1951, Rome, Italy
- President: Joseph Murray