1. NTPC commissions largest Floating Solar PV Project in Andhra Pradesh
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian statutory corporation. It engaged in generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a statutory corporation incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
2. New frog species ‘Adi Cascade’ discovered in Arunachal Pradesh
- Capital: Itanagar (Executive Branch)
- Chief minister: Pema Khandu
- Governor: Brig. (Dr.) B. D. Mishra (Retd.)
3. India to add 35 more earthquake Observatories by end of this year
- The Ministry of Earth Sciences was formed on 29 January 2006 from a merger of the India Meteorological Department, the National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting, the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, and Earth Risk Evaluation Centre, and the Ministry of Ocean Development.
- Minister responsible: Dr. Jitendra Singh
4. INA’s Dilli Series sea power seminar on October 11, 12
- The Indian Naval Academy is the defence service training establishment for officer cadre of the Indian Naval Service and the Indian Coast Guard, located in Ezhimala, Kannur district, Kerala. Situated between Ezhimala hill and the Kavvayi backwaters, INA has a 7 kilometre beach front on the Arabian Sea.
5. Rajnath launches Defence India Startup Challenge 5.0
- The launch of DISC 5.0 comes three years after the launch of DISC 1.0. iDEX initiative was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018.
- On the earlier editions of DISC, Mr. Singh said that more than 80 start-ups, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and individual innovators had joined as winners in over 40 technological areas. He noted that iDEX4fauji was a similar initiative that gave an opportunity to the Service personnel to showcase their talent in these fields.
6. Exercise Konkan-2021 held between INS Tabar& HMS Westminster
- INS Tabar is the third of the Talwar-class frigate of the Indian Navy. The frigate was commissioned on 19 April 2004 in Kaliningrad, Russia with Captain Biswajit Dasgupta. The current Commanding Officer of INS Tabar is Captain Mahesh Mangipudi. INS Tabar reached her home-port of Mumbai on 31 July 2004.
7. US imposes new sanctions against Russia over Navalny
- Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
- Capital: Moscow
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Currency: Russian ruble
8. Exim Bank extends soft loans worth $210 mn to Guinea
- Exim Bank was established by the Government of India, under the Export-Import Bank of India Act, 1981 as a purveyor of export credit, mirroring global Export Credit Agencies. Exim Bank serves as a growth engine for industries and SMEs through a wide range of products and services.
- Founded: 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: David Rasquinha
9. Amit Khatri bags silver medal in men’s 10,000-meter race walk at World Athletic U-20 championships
- The World Athletics U20 Championships is a biennial world championships for the sport of athletics organised by the World Athletics, contested by athletes in the under-20 athletics age category 19 years old or younger on 31 December in the year of the competition.
10. MP Govt launches comprehensive Talent Search Campaign in field of sports
- So far, more than 50 thousand players have applied for online registration of talent search.
- On the basis of physical strength and proficiency in sports, promising sportspersons will be groomed through coaching and training in 18 academies equipped with world-class sports facilities.
11. International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- The International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 2017 and the first time the day was observed in 2018.