1. Facebook appoints Rajiv Aggarwal as director of public policy in India
- Aggarwal comes with 26 years of experience as an officer of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), working from grassroots to global level, including as a district magistrate in nine districts across the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- During his tenure as an administrative officer, he steered India’s first ever national policy on intellectual property rights (IPRs) as joint secretary in the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (M/o Commerce), and was instrumental in the digital transformation of India’s IP offices.
2. Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya releases FSSAI’s 3rd State Food Safety Index
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is a statutory body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India.
- Founded: August 2011
3. Centre signs model MoU with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited
- Ministers responsible
Piyush Goyal (Cabinet Minister)
Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti (Minister of State)
4. Commerce and Industry Ministry to celebrate week-long Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Minister Responsible
Piyush Goyal, Cabinet Minister
Anupriya Patel, Minister of State
Som Parkash, Minister of State
5. India climbs two spots to rank 46th in Global Innovation Index 2021
- The Global Innovation Index (GII) is an annual ranking of countries by their capacity for, and success in, innovation. It is published by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organization, in partnership with other organisations and institutions, and is based on both subjective and objective data derived from several sources, including the International Telecommunication Union, the World Bank and the World Economic Forum.
6. 6th edition of SCO Exercise Peaceful Mission 2021 commences in Russia
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
- Founded: 15 June 2001
7. France cancels talks with UK as Aukus row deepens
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Capital: Paris
- Prime minister: Boris Johnson
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound sterling
8. Raja Rithvik becomes India’s 70th Grandmaster
- The All India Chess Federation is central administrative body for the game of chess in India. Founded in 1951, the federation is affiliated to Fédération Internationale des Échecs, the world body for chess.
- President: Sanjay Kapoor
9. President Kovind confers National Florence Nightingale Award 2020
- Florence Nightingale Award is the highest national distinction a nurse can achieve for selfless devotion and exceptional professionalism.
- It was initially set up to be awarded to six nurses annually, although the first 42 awards were only made in 1920 due to the disruption of the First World War.
10. 11th International Peace Conference to observe International Day of Peace in Leh
- 11th International Peace Conference will be conducted in collaboration with the all religious organizations in Ladakh. On the occasion, the Council also conferring the 7th Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Award to Venerable Bhikkhu Sanghasena, the Founder of Mahabodhi International Meditation Centre.