1. e-Source: IIT Madras gears to tackle e-waste of the country
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) is a public technical and research university located in Chennai(formerly named as Madras), Tamil Nadu, India. As one of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), it is recognised as an Institute of National Importance. Founded in 1959 with technical and financial assistance from the former government of West Germany, it was the third IIT established by the Government of India.
2. President’s colour to be awarded to Naval Aviation on September 6
- The President’s Colour Award is the highest honor that can be bestowed upon any military unit of India. It is also known as ′Nishaan′ which is an emblem that will be worn by all unit officers on the left-hand sleeve of their uniform.
- Eligibility: Minimum 25 Years of Service
- First awarded: 27 May 1951
3. PM Modi to release Commemorative coin on Iskcon founder Swami Prabhupada
- ISKCON has translated Shrimad Bhagvad Geeta and other Vedic literature in 89 languages, playing a stellar role in dissemination of Vedic literature across the world.
- Swami ji also established over a hundred temples and wrote several books, teaching the path of Bhakti Yoga to the world.
- Founded: 13 July 1966, New York, United States
- Headquarters: Mayapur
4. India, Kazakhstan joint military exercise ‘KAZIND-21’ begins today
- Capital: Nur-Sultan
- Currency: Kazakhstani tenge
- President: Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
5. Indian Army to participate in Multilateral Exercise ZAPAD, 2021 in Russia
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian ruble
- The Ministry said that the NAGA Battalion group participating in the exercise will feature an all Arms combined task force.
6. India’s month-long Presidency of UNSC ends
- The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with ensuring international peace and security, recommending the admission of new UN members to the General Assembly, and approving any changes to the UN Charter.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
7. India launches soft skills training programme for women entrepreneurs in Bangladesh
- The programme was inaugurated by the Bangladesh State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak and High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Vikram Doraiswami.
- The soft skills training program is part of the ‘50 years of Bangladesh’ celebrations as well as the ‘75 years of Indian independence’ celebrations, ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
8. Fit India Quiz launched
- There will be cash prize amounting to 3 crore 25 lakh rupees in total. Anurag Thakur said, it is the dream of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to popularise sports in the country so that more youth can come up to participate in sports activities.
9. Bangladeshi vaccine scientist, Pakistani microfinanceer among this year”s Ramon Magsaysay awardees
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award is an annual award established to perpetuate former Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay’s example of integrity in governance, courageous service to the people, and pragmatic idealism within a democratic society. The prize was established in April 1957 by the trustees of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund based in New York City with the concurrence of the Philippine government
- First awarded: 1958
10. National Nutrition Week 2021: 1st Sept-7th Sept
- In 1975, the members of the American Dietetic Association (ADA), now called the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, started the National Nutrition Week in March. It was observed to raise public awareness about good nutrition and also to promote the profession of dietitians.