1. ONGC Videsh begins exploratory drilling campaign in Bangladesh
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation is an Indian government-owned crude oil and natural gas corporation. Its registered office is in New Delhi. It is under the ownership of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India.
- CEO: Subhash Kumar
- Founded: 14 August 1956
2. Chacha Chaudhary declared as mascot of Namami Gange Programme
- National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG) was registered as a society on 12th August 2011 under the Societies Registration Act 1860.It acted as implementation arm of National Ganga River Basin Authority(NGRBA) which was constituted under the provisions of the Environment (Protection) Act (EPA),1986.
3. Anurag Thakur launches month-long Clean India Programme at Prayagraj
Ministry of I&B
- Minister responsible
Anurag Thakur, Cabinet Minister
L. Murugan, Minister of State
4. PM Modi launches Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 and AMRUT 2.0
- The goal of ‘Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0’ is to make the cities Garbage-Free, completely free of garbage, PM Modi said. The Prime Minister underlined the scope of the country’s target in the next phase of Mission AMRUT as ‘Improving sewage and septic management, making our cities water safe cities and ensuring that no sewage drains anywhere in our rivers’.
5. India, US to set-up joint working group in defence industrial security
- The Industrial Security Agreement was signed in December 2019 to facilitate the exchange of classified information between the defence industries of both the countries.
- It was held to create a roadmap for the implementation of the Industrial Security Agreement.
6. India, Nepal hold JPMC meeting
- The JPMC Mechanism was set up in August 2017 to monitor the government of India assisted post-earthquake reconstruction projects in Nepal. The meeting was attended by representatives of concerned Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the government of Nepal, Officers and officials of the Government of India.
7. India, Australia agree to conclude Free Trade Agreement by end of 2022
- Article 24 of the World Trade Organization (WTO) allows countries to form customs unions (CUs) or FTAs under two conditions. First, members should eliminate, substantially all internal barriers to trade inside the union, second, external trade barriers should not be increased on average.
8. US, UK condemn Ethiopia’s decision to expel seven senior UN officials
- Capital: Addis Ababa
- Currency: Ethiopian birr
- President: Sahle-Work Zewde
- Prime minister: Abiy Ahmed
9. Smriti Mandhana becomes first Indian women to score a Test hundred on Australian soil
- Australia played the first pink-ball Test against England in 2017 in Sydney during the women’s Ashes. The two teams last played a Test in Adelaide in 2006 when Australia won convincingly. Jhulan Goswami is one of two survivors from that Test along with Mithali Raj.
10. International Day of Older Persons: 1st October
- On 14 December 1990, the United Nations General Assembly designated October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons (resolution 45/106). This was preceded by initiatives such as the Vienna International Plan of Action on Ageing, which was adopted by the 1982 World Assembly on Ageing and endorsed later that year by the UN General Assembly.