1. AJNIFM partners with Microsoft to build an AI and Emerging Technologies Centre.
- The Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM) is a Center of Excellence specializing in capacity building of professionals in the fields of Public Policy, Financial Management and other governance issues for promoting highest standards of professional competence and practice.
- AJNIFM was set up in 1993 as a registered society under Ministry of Finance, Government of India. To begin with it was mandated to train the officers recruited by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through the Civil Services Examination and allocated to the various services responsible for managing senior and top management posts dealing with accounts and finance in the Government of India.
- The Union Finance Minister of Government of India is the President of the AJNIFM Society and Secretary (Expenditure), Government of India is the Chairman of the Board of Governors (BoG).
2. Indrajaal – India’s air defense dome to counter drones
- Grene Robotics is a 12-year-old IP rich company focused on delivering Robots as a Service.
- Considered as the 3rd revolution of warfare, the design principles of Indrajaal are based on delivering autonomy to the armed forces. The synergic combination of 9-10 modern technologies helmed by Artificial Intelligence (AI), cybersecurity and robotics.
- Capable of real-time situational awareness, Indrajaal comprises all current weapons suite and infrastructure along with a honeycombed cell structure to provide a seamlessly built over a combination of 9-10 technologies for 24×7 persistent monitoring, tracking and action.
3. 510 Air Warriors inducted into IAF
- Air Commodore Vipul Singh, Air Officer Commanding, Air Force Station Tambaram reviewed the parade. The Best all rounder trophy was awarded to leading aircraftman Aman Ali Ansari, Mechanical System Fitter and leading Aircraftsman Mohit Kumar Rajput, Environmental Support Services Assistant of the workshop training institute.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 8 October 1932, India
- Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind
- October 8 is celebrated as the Air Force Day
4. Centre invites nominations for SC Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2022
- The awards are announced every year on birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on 23 January.
- Along with a certificate the awards carry a cash award of 51 lakh rupees for an Institution and 5 lakh rupees for an individual. An individual can apply for the award and also nominate another person or institution.
- If the awardee is an individual, winner shall receive a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 5.00 lakhs.
- An application by an institution does not debar any individual from that institution to apply for the award in his individual capacity.
- Only Indian nationals and Indian institutions can apply for the award.
5. ILO report on International Migrant Workers
- The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founder: Paris Peace Conference
- Founded: 1919
- Head: Director-General; Guy Ryder
- Formation: 11 April 1919
- Parent organization: United Nations
6. US hands Bagram Airfield to Afghans after nearly 20 years
- The United States Armed Forces are the military forces of the United States of America. It consists of six forces: the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Space Force, and Coast Guard.
- Headquarters: Arlington County, Virginia, United States
- Founded: 14 June 1775
- Capital: Kabul
- Currency: Afghan afghani
- President: Ashraf Ghani
- Official languages: Pashto, Dari
7. WIPO bars Delhi-based firm from using brand name ”Khadi”
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission is a statutory body formed in April 1957 by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Agency executive: Vinai Kumar Saxena (Chairperson)
- Parent agency: Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- The World Intellectual Property Organization is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 14 July 1967
- Head: Daren Tang; Director General
8. Philippines on alert after Taal Volcano eruption
- Taal is one of the most active volcanoes in a nation hit periodically by eruptions and earthquakes due to its location on the Pacific Ring of Fire, a zone of intense seismic activity.
- Capital: Manila
- Currency: Philippine peso
- President: Rodrigo Duterte
9. India Joins the OECD-G20’s ‘Inclusive Framework’ tax deal
- Around 130 countries, representing more than 90 percent of global GDP, adopted the global corporate tax rate of at least 15 percent. The countries also agreed on a fairer distribution of ‘profits and taxing rights’ with respect to multinationals including digital giants such as Amazon and Google. However, Hungary and Ireland were part of a small group of countries that did not agree on the tax rate on multinationals.
- The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organization with 38 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- The G20 is an intergovernmental forum comprising 19 countries and the European Union.
- Founder: Group of Seven
- Founded: 26 September 1999
- Chairman: Mario Draghi (2021)
10. Abhimanyu Mishra becomes youngest Grandmaster in Chess history
- Grandmaster is a title awarded to chess players by the world chess organization FIDE. Apart from World Champion, Grandmaster is the highest title a chess player can attain. Once achieved, the title is generally held for life, though exceptionally it may be revoked for cheating.
- The International Chess Federation or World Chess Federation, commonly referred to by its French acronym FIDE, is an international organization based in Switzerland that connects the various national chess federations and acts as the governing body of international chess competition.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Founded: 20 July 1924, Paris, France
- President: Kirsan Ilyumzhinov
- Motto: Gens una sumus
11. Indian Navy’s MP Jabir qualifes for Olympics in 400m hurdles
- When he competes in the Tokyo Olympics, Jabir would be the first Indian male athlete to participate in the 400m hurdles in Olympics. PT Usha, the legendary athlete from Kerala, competed in the 400-metre hurdles at the Los Angeles Olympics. That makes Jabir the second from the state of Kerala to compete in the same event in the Olympics.
12. Odia poet Rajendra Kishore Panda chosen for Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar
- Founded in 1992, Rashtrakavi Kuvempu Trust instituted this national annual literary award in 2013 in the name of Kuvempu to recognise litterateurs who had contributed in any language recognised by the Constitution of India.
- The prestigious award carries a cash award of Rs 5 lakh, a silver medal, and a citation.
13. National Doctor’s Day: 1st July
- Every year, July 1 is observed as National Doctors’ Day in the memory of Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, who had his birth and death anniversary on the same day. The day, commemorated by Indian Medical Association (IMA), is dedicated to all the doctors and healthcare workers who have been serving people by risking their lives. Dr Roy, former Chief Minister of Bengal, was known for his selfless service.
14. World Sports Journalists Day: 2nd July
- The International Sports Press Association (AIPS) was established on this day in 1924 at the Summer Olympics in Paris. The anniversary of this association is also celebrated on this day.
- AIPS, the founding organisation of the World Sports Journalists Day which turns 97 this year, extended its greetings to sports journalists around the world.