1. Alka Nangia Arora appoints as CMD of NSIC
- National Small Industries Corporation Limited is a Mini Ratna government agency established by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India in 1955 It falls under Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises of India.
2. Narendra Singh Tomar participates in G-20 Agriculture Ministerial meeting
- The G20 is an intergovernmental forum comprising 19 countries and the European Union. It works to address major issues related to the global economy, such as international financial stability, climate change mitigation, and sustainable development.
- Chairman: Mario Draghi (2021)
- Founded: 26 September 1999
3. India, El Salvador hold third Foreign Office Consultations
- President: Nayib Bukele
- Capital: San Salvador
4. Boxing star Manny Pacquiao nominated as candidate for president in next year’s election
- President: Rodrigo Duterte
- Capital: Manila
5. France Recalls Ambassadors to the US and Australia in Protest of Submarine Deal
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Capital: Paris
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
6. UNSC extends mandate for its assistance mission in Afghanistan by six months
- The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with ensuring international peace and security, recommending the admission of new UN members to the General Assembly, and approving any changes to the UN Charter.
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
7. Indo-Nepal joint military exercise Surya Kiran-XV to begin at Pithoragarh
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Prime minister: Sher Bahadur Deuba
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
8. 2 Indian projects among 15 finalists for Prince William’s Earthshot Prize
- Five of these 15 finalists announced will be awarded the Earthshot Prize across five categories: Protect and Restore Nature; Clean our Air; Revive our Oceans; Build a Waste-free World; and Fix our Climate.
9. Eastern Naval Command celebrates 36th International Coastal Cleanup Day
- The first International Coastal Cleanup Day was observed in 1986. The day aims to increase public awareness about the accumulation and negative impacts of litter in oceans, on coastlines and on beaches.
10. International Equal Pay Day: 18 September
- The UN General Assembly adopted a resolution to observe September 18 as International Equal Pay Day, on November 15, 2019, which was introduced by the Equal Pay International Coalition (EPIC). The resolution was co-sponsored by a total of 105 member states.