1. Dassault Systèmes, NITI Aayog partner to boost innovations
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog is Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country and was setup in 2016. Towards this end AIM has taken a holistic approach to ensure creation of a problem-solving innovative mindset in schools and creating an ecosystem of entrepreneurship in universities, research institutions, private and MSME sector.
- Dassault Systèmes SE is a French software corporation. It is among Fortune 50 list of the largest software companies that develops software for 3D product design, simulation, manufacturing and more.
2. FM Sitharaman chairs 45th Meeting of GST council
Ministry of Finance
- Minister responsible
Nirmala Sitharaman, Cabinet Minister
Bhagwat Karad, Minister of State
Pankaj Choudhary, Minister of State
3. Former SC judge Indu Malhotra appointed DDCA Ombudsman
- In 2007, Malhotra was designated senior advocate by the Supreme Court and she became only the second woman to be designated by the apex court after a gap of three decades.
- After serving as legal counsel in the Supreme Court for 30 years, she was unanimously recommended for appointment as a judge of the Supreme Court.
- Her note of dissent as the only woman judge in the panel for Sabarimala Temple verdict received a lot of attention across the country.
4. Defence Ministry constitutes High-Level Expert Committee for a comprehensive review of NCC
- Former Member of Parliament Baijayant Panda will head the committee. Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, former Minister Colonel (Retd) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, industrialist Anand Mahindra among others are members of the committee.
5. PM Modi addresses plenary session of SCO meeting at Dushanbe
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
- Founded: 15 June 2001
6. US, UK face international criticism over new security pact signed with Australia
- The major highlight of this arrangement is the sharing of US nuclear submarine technology to Australia.
- The security grouping AUKUS will focus on advancing strategic interests in the Indo-Pacific region.
- This step is significant because the US has only shared nuclear submarine technology once before, and it started in 1958 with Great Britain.
7. MoS Power Krishan Pal Gurjar attends 15th East Asia Summit Energy Ministers meet
- ASEAN officially the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, is an economic union comprising 10 member states in Southeast Asia, which promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic, political, security, military, educational, and sociocultural integration between its members and other countries in Asia.
- Founded: 8 August 1967, Bangkok, Thailand
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
8. G-33 Virtual Informal Ministerial Meeting held to discuss Agricultural Priority Issues
- The G33 is a coalition of developing countries, established prior to the 2003 Cancun ministerial conference, that have coordinated during the Doha Round of World Trade Organization negotiations, specifically in regard to agriculture.
- Founded: 1987
9. National Open Athletics: Harmilan Kaur sets national record in 1500m
- Naresh Kumar from Andhra Pradesh and Delhi’s Tarandeep Kaur took the honours as the fastest male and female athlete of the meet by winning the 100 metres dash.
10. ITEC Day celebrated in Bangladesh
- ITEC is a flagship programme of the Government of India. It was established in 1964 to offer the benefit of India’s development experience and appropriate technologies to the developing countries.
- More than 4,000 young Bangladeshi professionals have undergone these specialized short and medium term courses in India under the ITEC programme since 2007.