1. BDL joins hands with MBDA to establish facility for ASRAAM missiles in India
- Bharat Dynamics Limited is one of India’s manufacturers of ammunitions and missile systems. It was founded in 1970 in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. BDL was established in the year 1970 to be a manufacturing base for guided weapon systems.
- MBDA is a European multinational developer and manufacturer of missiles. It was formed as a joint venture by a merger of the guided missile divisions of EADS, Finmeccanica, and BAE Systems in December 2001. In 2016 the company had more than 10,500 employees.
2. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh flags-in climb-a-thon oragnised to celebrate ‘Azadi ka Amrit’ Mahotsav
- The point where the National Flag was hoisted has been named after first freedom fighter from Sikkim, Trilochan Pokhrel, fondly remembered as Gandhi Pokhrel.
- The feat was recorded as the biggest Indian National Flag hoisted atop a mountain in the Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records.
- The team also performed a world record 75-hour nonstop Surya Namaskar 2.51 lakh times at HMI, Darjeeling.
3. Centre notifies RoDTEP Scheme Guidelines & Rates
- It said, RoDTEP scheme is one such reform, based on the globally accepted principle that taxes and duties should not be exported, and taxes and levies borne on the exported products should be either exempted or remitted to exporters.
Ministry of Commerce
Piyush Goyal (Minister),
C. R. Chaudhary (Minister of State),
Anupriya Patel (Minister of State)
4. Army to sponsor education for youth of J&K and Ladakh in schools and institutions run by them
- Ministry of Defence in a statement said that a total of 50 seats each have been earmarked for boys and girls of classes 8th and 9th in two Army Public Schools at Beas in Punjab and Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand for the academic year 2021-22.
- From 2022-23 onwards, these 100 seats will include seats in Army Public Schools in Dhaula Kuan in New Delhi, Noida in Uttar Pradesh and Dagshai in Himachal Pradesh.
5. Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw launches ‘Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge-2021’
- Founded: 1991
- Ministers responsible:
Ashwini Vaishnaw, Cabinet Minister
Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State
6. Bangladesh refuses US request to shelter some Afghans
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- President: Abdul Hamid
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
7. United States eases travel advisory for India to second-lowest level
- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean. Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture center, and capital Washington, DC. Midwestern metropolis Chicago is known for influential architecture and on the west coast, Los Angeles’ Hollywood is famed for filmmaking.
8. Military flights evacuating diplomats and civilians resumed at Kabul airport today
- The McDonnell Douglas/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III is a large military transport aircraft that was developed for the United States Air Force from the 1980s to the early 1990s by McDonnell Douglas.
9. Zambia election: Hakainde Hichilema beats President Edgar Lungu
- President: Edgar Lungu
- Capital: Lusaka
- Currency: Zambian kwacha