1. Prasar Bharati & Sansad TV ink MoU for uplink of ‘Sansad TV’ in HDTV format
- Prasar Bharati, is India’s largest public broadcasting agency, headquartered in New Delhi. It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament and comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio, which were earlier media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- CEO: Shashi Shekhar Vempati
- Founded: 23 November 1997, New Delhi
2. NITI Aayog to launch report on ‘Reforms in Urban Planning Capacity in India’
- The NITI Aayog is a public policy think tank of the Government of India, established in 2015 with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
3. India and USA sign MoU for enhancing export potential of Indian traditional medicine products
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa and Homoeopathy is purposed with developing education, research and propagation of indigenous alternative medicine systems in India.
- Founded: 9 November 2014
- Ministers responsible
Sarbananda Sonowal, Cabinet Minister
Mahendra Munjapara, Minister of State
4. Govt approves PLI Scheme for Drones & Drone Components
- Mr. Thakur said, the scheme will also bring fresh investments of over 47 thousand 500 crore rupees in five years and create additional employment oppurtunities to over seven lakh 60 thousand people.
5. 3 Indian villages in UNWTO “Best Tourism Villages” nomination list
- Three Indian villages, namely Ladhpura Khas, Madhya Pradesh, Kongthong village, Meghalaya, and Pochampally village, Telangana made it to the list.
- A village that recognizes its cultural and natural assets, preserves and promotes rural and community-based values, products, lifestyle, and has committed to innovation and sustainability in all its aspects – economic, social, and environmental, will be chosen for the Best Tourism Village label.
6. North Korea fires two ballistic missiles off its east coast
- Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- Capital: Pyongyang
- Currency: North Korean won
- Premier: Kim Tok-hun
7. 7th Foreign Office Consultations between India and Chile held in Santiago
- Capital: Santiago
- President: Sebastián Piñera
- Currency: Chilean peso
8. Chinese ambassador to UK barred from attending British Parliament
- China had imposed sanctions on nine British politicians, lawyers and an academic in March this year allegedly for spreading lies and disinformation over the treatment of Uighur Muslims.
- China has repeatedly denied all accusations of abuse and says its camps offer vocational training and are needed to fight extremism.
9. Prestigious “Rajbhasha Keerthi Puraskar” award presented to NMD Ltd.
- NMDC has been winning this accolade for the last three years in a row, which goes on to show its dedication towards the implementation of Hindi as the Official Language.
- Visakhapatnam Steel plant has been bestowed with the ‘Rajbhasha Keerti Puraskar’-FIRST PRIZE for effective implementation of Official Language Hindi for the year 2020-21. The award was given by Minister of State for Home Affairs, Nityanand Rai on the occasion of National Hindi Day Celebrations in New Delhi yesterday.
10. International Day of Democracy: 15th September
- According to Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), International Day of Democracy was established through a resolution passed by the UN General Assembly in 2007. It further states that the first International Day of Democracy was observed by 46 national parliaments on 15 September 2008.