1. Third Successful Vikas Engine Long Duration Hot Test for Gaganyaan Program
- The Indian Space Research Organisation or is the national space agency of India, headquartered in Bengaluru. It operates under Department of Space which is directly overseen by the Prime Minister of India, while Chairman of ISRO acts as executive of DOS as well.
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- Gaganyaan is an Indian crewed orbital spacecraft intended to be the formative spacecraft of the Indian Human Spaceflight Programme. The spacecraft is being designed to carry three people, and a planned upgraded version will be equipped with rendezvous and docking capability.
- Maiden launch: 2022 (uncrewed); 2023 (crewed).
2. Defence Minister launches AI-powered grievance management app
- IIT Kanpur was established by an Act of Parliament in 1959. The institute was started in December 1959 in a room in the canteen building of the Harcourt Butler Technological Institute at Agricultural Gardens in Kanpur. In 1963, the institute moved to its present location, on the Grand Trunk Road near the locality of Kalyanpur in Kanpur district. The campus was designed by Achyut Kavinde in a modernist style.
- Motto: तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय (Sanskrit)
- Motto in English: “From darkness, lead me to light”
3. Civil Aviation ministry releases draft of Drone Rules 2021 for public consultation
- Import of drones and drone components will be regulated by Directorate General of Foreign Trade. All drone training and testing to be carried out by an authorised drone school. Directorate General of Civil Aviation will prescribe training requirements, oversee drone schools and provide pilot licences online. Standard operating procedures (SOP) and training procedure manuals (TPM) will be prescribed by DGCA on the digital sky platform for self-monitoring by users.
- The ministry is under the charge of Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia.
4. PM Modi inaugurates International Cooperation & Convention Centre ‘Rudraksh’
- As many as 108 Rudraksha have been installed at this convention centre and its roof is shaped like a Shiva Linga.
- Spread in 2.87 hectares of land, the two-storey convention centre comprises main hall with a full flying tower, a seating capacity of 1,200, a gallery, meeting rooms, and parking for 120 cars.
5. MSME Minister Narayan Rane launches two new Khadi Products
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission is a statutory body formed in April 1957 by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Agency executive: Vinai Kumar Saxena (Chairperson)
- Parent agency: Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
6. IAHE signs agreement with University of New South Wales
- The Institute was registered as a Society in January 1983.
- Started Operations from a rented accommodation in Delhi since April 1985 with changed name of NITHE. Continued to operate in Delhi till Sept, 2001 and thereafter shifted to its own campus at NOIDA, UP w.e.f. Oct, 2001.
- Now the Academy organizes training for Highway Sector Engineers and professionals of Central / State Govts., Public & Private sectors.
- The University of New South Wales is a public research university based in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is one of the founding members of Group of Eight, a coalition of Australian research-intensive universities.
- Founded: 1949
7. U.S. Senate passes bill to ban all products from China’s Xinjiang
- Xinjiang, an autonomous territory in northwest China, is a vast region of deserts and mountains. It’s home to many ethnic minority groups, including the Turkic Uyghur people. The ancient Silk Road trade route linking China and the Middle East passed through Xinjiang.
- Language: Uyghur language
8. BRICS Labour & Employment Ministers’ Declaration adopted
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs. Since 2009, the governments of the BRICS states have met annually at formal summits.
- Founded: June 2006
- Headquarters: BRICS Tower
- Founded at: UN HQ, NYC (UNGA 61st session); Yekaterinburg (1st BRIC summit)
- Named after: Member states’ initials
9. Wimbledon: Two matches investigated over irregular betting patterns
- The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly known simply as Wimbledon or The Championships, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and is widely regarded as the most prestigious.
- Founded: 1877
- Prize money: £35,000,000 (2021)
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Surface: Grass outdoors
- Editions: 134 (2021)
10. World Youth Skills Day: 15th July
- In December 2014, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution declaring July 15 as World Youth Skills Day with the goal of achieving better socio-economic conditions for today’s youth as a means to address the challenge of unemployment and underemployment.
- Since then, World Youth Skills Day events have provided a unique opportunity for dialogue between young people, technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions, firms, employers’ and workers’ organizations, policymakers, and development partners.