1. US approves Blue Origin license for human space travel
- The Federal Aviation Administration is the largest transportation agency of the U.S. government and regulates all aspects of civil aviation in the country as well as over surrounding international waters.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Administrator: Stephen Dickson
- Founded: 23 August 1958
- Blue Origin, LLC is an American privately funded aerospace manufacturer and sub-orbital spaceflight services company headquartered in Kent, Washington. Wikipedia
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
- Founded: 8 September 2000, Kent, Washington, United States
- Headquarters: Kent, Washington, United States
2. Google fined €500m by French competition authority
- Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founded: 4 September 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.
3. National Asset Reconstruction Company
- The National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL) is a legal entity now and has been registered with the Registrar of Companies (RoC) Mumbai. According to data available with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), NARCL was incorporated on July 7 with an authorised capital of Rs 100 crore and paid-up capital of Rs 74.6 crore.
- Indian Banks’ Association, formed on as a representative body of management of banking in India operating in India – an association of Indian banks and financial institutions based in Mumbai. Wikipedia
- CEO: Sunil Mehta
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 26 September 1946
- Chairman: Rajkiran Rai G, (Union Bank of India)
- Membership: 250 banks
5. BHIM-UPI in Bhutan
- BHIM is an Indian mobile payment App developed by the National Payments Corporation of India, based on the Unified Payments Interface. Named after B. R. Ambedkar and launched on 30 December 2016, it is intended to facilitate e-payments directly through banks and encourage cashless transactions.
- Available in: 20 languages
- Operating system: Android 5 & above; iOS 9.0 and above
6. Ever Given container ship leaves Egyptian waters
- Suez Canal Authority is a state-owned authority which owns, operates and maintains the Suez Canal. It was set up by the Egyptian government to replace the Suez Canal Company in the 1950s which resulted in the Suez Crisis. After the UN intervened, the three invading countries were forced to withdraw. Wikipedia
- Founded: 26 July 1956
- Headquarters: Ismailia, Egypt
- Chair: Admiral Osama Mounier Mohamed Rabie
- Ever Given is one of the largest container ships in the world. The ship is owned by Shoei Kisen Kaisha, and is time chartered and operated by container transportation and shipping company Evergreen Marine, headquartered in Luzhu District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan.
7. World Health Organization issues new recommendations on human genome editing
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Director General: Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
8. Nepal’s Supreme Court reinstates parliament; orders new PM to be appointed
- Prime minister: Sher Bahadur Deuba
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
9. Haryana defers Khelo India Youth Games to 2022
- Khelo India Youth Games, formerly Khelo India School Games, means Play India Youth Games, held annually in January or February, are the national level multidisciplinary grassroot games in India held for two categories, namely under-17 years school students and under-21 college students.
- First event: 2019
- Last event: 2020
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Purpose: Grassroot talent hunt
10. ‘Urdu Poets and Writers – Gems of Deccan’
- ‘Gems of Deccan’ is an anthology of prose and poetry that encapsulates the life and works of 51 outstanding poets and writers of the Deccan region. The book traces the rich literary and cultural traditions of Deccan, right from the time of Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, the founder of Hyderabad, to the present times.