1. IIT-Bombay launches ‘Project Udaan’
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public technical and research university located in Powai in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
2. North Korea tests new long-range cruise missile capable to hit Japan
- Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- Capital: Pyongyang
- Currency: North Korean won
- Premier: Kim Tok-hun
3. VP, PM and Lok Sabha Speaker to jointly launch Sansad TV tomorrow
- Sansad Television is an Indian government television service which broadcasts programming of the two Houses of Indian Parliament and other public affairs programming. It was formed in March 2021 by amalgamating the existing house channels, Lok Sabha TV and the Rajya Sabha TV, although separate satellite channels are broadcast for each House.
- CEO: Ravi Capoor
4. Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers welfare signs five MoUs with private companies
- The MoUs were signed for pilot projects with CISCO, Ninjacart, Jio Platforms Limited, ITC Limited and NCDEX e-Markets Limited. Based on these pilot projects farmers will be able to take informed decisions on what crop to grow, what variety of seed to use and what best practises to adopt to maximise the yield.
5. UN to raise more than 600 million dollars in aid for Afghanistan
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
- Secretary general: António Guterres
6. Rising sea level to submerge 17 percent of Bangladesh by 2050
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
- CEO: Jeremy Jurgens
- Founder: Klaus Schwab
- Founded: January 1971
- Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world
7. India, Singapore announce linking of UPI and PayNow fast payment systems
- UPI is India’s mobile based, ‘fast payment’ system that facilitates customers to make round the clock payments instantly using a Virtual Payment Address created by the customer.
- Introduced: 11 April 2016
- PayNow is the fast payment system of Singapore which enables peer-to-peer funds transfer service, available to retail customers through participating banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions in Singapore.
8. Prime Minister to visit US to attend Quad Leaders’ Summit in Washington DC
- The summit would provide a valuable opportunity for dialogue and interactions among the Leaders, anchored in their shared vision of ensuring a free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific region. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the General Debate of the High-Level Segment of the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly UNGA on 25th of September in New York.
9. Daniil Medvedev stuns Novak Djokovic to win Maiden Grand Slam title
- The United States Open Tennis Championships is a hard court tennis tournament. The tournament is the modern version of one of the oldest tennis championships in the world, the US National Championship, for which men’s singles and men’s doubles were first played in August 1881.
- Location: New York, United States
10. Hindi Diwas: 14th September 15, 2021
- On the suggestion of Rashtrabhasha Prachar Samiti, Wardha a day dedicated to Hindi was first celebrated in 1953. The reason behind marking the day was to increase the importance of the language. Hindi Diwas also marks birth anniversary of Rajendra Singh. He was an Indian scholar, Hindi-stalwart, Sanskritist, Ramayana-authority, and a historian, among other things. Moreover, his role in making Hindi the official language of India was also immense.