1. Nigerian government joins Koo after Twitter ban
- Founded: March 1, 2020
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Owner: Bombinate Technologies Pvt Ltd.
- Founders: Aprameya Radhakrishna, Mayank Bidawatka
- CEO: Aprameya Radhakrishna
- Capital: Abuja
- Currency: Nigerian naira
- President: Muhammadu Buhari
2. IAMAI Appoints Justice Sikri as Chair of Streaming Grievance Body
- Internet & Mobile Association of India is a not-for-profit industry body registered under the Societies Act, 1896.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Amit Agarwal
- Founded: 2004
3. UNDP Report Lauds Aspirational Districts Programme
- The Government of India has launched the ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ initiative in January, 2018 with a vision of a New India by 2022 where the focus is to improve India’s ranking under Human Development Index, raising living standards of its citizens and ensuring inclusive growth of all.
- The 115 districts were identified from 28 states, at least one from each state.
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Founded: 22 November 1965, United States
4. Assam notifies Dihing Patkai as its 7th National Park
- Dehing Patkai National Park is located in the Dibrugarh and Tinsukia districts of Assam and covers an area of 231.65 km² rainforest.
- The oldest refinery of Asia in Digboi and ‘open cast’ coal mining at Lido are located near the national park. It is famous for Assam Valley Tropical Wet Evergreen Forests bordering Arunachal Pradesh.
- CM: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
5. UNGA president-elect appoints India’s Deputy PR Amb Naidu as Chef de Cabinet
- In several French-speaking countries and international organisations, a chef de cabinet is a senior civil servant or official who acts as an aide or private secretary to a government figure, typically a minister.
- President: Abdulla Shahid
- Headquarters: New York, United States
6. United States returns 27 stolen antiquities to Cambodia
- Capital: Phnom Penh
- Currency: Cambodian riel
- Monarch: Norodom Sihamoni
- Prime Minister: Hun Sen
7. Lake Mead: Largest US reservoir dips to record low
- Lake Mead is a reservoir formed by the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River in the Southwestern United States. It is located in the states of Nevada and Arizona, 24 mi east from Las Vegas Strip.
- It is the largest reservoir in the United States in terms of water capacity.
- Formed by the Hoover Dam on September 30, 1935, the reservoir serves water to the states of Arizona, California, and Nevada, as well as some of Mexico.
- US President: Joe Biden
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
8. France is to scale down counter-terrorism operations in the Sahel region of West Africa
- President: Emmanuel Macron Trending
- Capital: Paris
- The Sahel part of Africa includes from west to east parts of northern Senegal, southern Mauritania, central Mali, northern Burkina Faso, the extreme south of Algeria, Niger, the extreme north of Nigeria, the extreme north of Cameroon and Central African Republic, central Chad, central and southern Sudan, the extreme north of South Sudan, Eritrea and the extreme north of Ethiopia.
9. Five Indian women to play in The Hundred women’s competition
- The tournament, to be organised by the England and Wales Cricket Board and played in a 100-ball format, will see some of the best women cricketers from around the world compete for different franchises.
England and Wales Cricket Board
- Chairman: Ian Watmore
- CEO: Tom Harrison
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Founded: 1 January 1997
10. Kannada writer Dr. Siddalingaiah passed away
- Siddalingaiah was poet, playwright, essayist and a Dalit activist, and was one of the founders of the Dalita Sangharsh Samiti.
- His notable works include Holemadigara Haadu, Saaviraaru Nadigalu, Kappu Kaadina Haadu and Meravanige, among others.
- He had written plays like Panchama, Ekalavya, and one of his popular essays was Gramadevathegalu. Several of his works have been translated into English and other languages and his Ooru Keri- an autobiography had won him the Sahitya Akademi Award.
11. International Level Crossing Awareness Day: 10th June
- “The International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) is the unique worldwide awareness campaign on level crossing safety. It has been spearheaded by the International Union of Railways (UIC) with the support of the railway community around the world from 2009.
International Union of Railways
- Chairman: Gianluigi Castelli
- Headquarters location: Paris, France
- President & CEO: Ali Ishan Uygun
- Membership: 194
- Founded: 17 October 1922