1. Hyderabad gets India’s first indigenous coal gasification based plant
- The facility can create 0.25 ton per day (TPD) Methanol from high ash Indian coal using a 1.2 TPD Fluidized bed gasifier.
- The purity of the crude methanol produced is between 98 and 99.5 per cent.
2. National Mission for Clean Ganga organises Himalayan Diwas
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was registered as a society on 12th August 2011 under the Societies Registration Act 1860.It acted as implementation arm of National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA) which was constituted under the provisions of the Environment (Protection) Act (EPA),1986.
- NGRBA has since been dissolved with effect from the 7th October 2016, consequent to constitution of National Council for Rejuvenation, Protection and Management of River Ganga (referred as National Ganga Council)
3. President Ram Nath Kovind appoints new Governors in four states
- The President of India, officially the President of the Republic of India, is the ceremonial head of state of India and the commander-in-chief of the Indian Armed Forces. Ram Nath Kovind is the 14th and current president.
- The office of President was created when India became a republic on 26 January 1950, when its constitution came into force. The president is indirectly elected by an electoral college comprising both houses of the Parliament of India and the legislative assemblies of each of India’s states and territories, who themselves are all directly elected.
4. Rajnath Singh inducts Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile defence system into IAF
- The air defence system has a range of 70 kms and can hit any aircraft, helicopters and incoming missiles. With a speed of Mach-2, it will be crucial in protecting the Indian military establishments.
5. We recognise and appreciate India’s contributions during its chairmanship of BRICS: China
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs. Since 2009, the governments of the BRICS states have met annually at formal summits.
- Founded: 2006
6. Australian ministers arrive in India for ‘2+2’ ministerial dialogue
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
7. Cuba first in the world to give jabs to 2-yr-olds
- Capital: Havana
- President: Miguel Díaz-Canel
- Continent: North America
8. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to felicitate Tokyo Paralympics winners
- Ministers responsible
Virendra Kumar Khatik, Cabinet Minister
Ramdas Athawale, Minister of State
Pratima Bhowmik, Minister of State
A. Narayanaswamy, Minister of State
9. ICRISAT awarded 2021 Africa Food Prize
- The Africa Food Prize is the preeminent award recognizing an outstanding individual or institution that is leading the effort to change the reality of farming in Africa—from a struggle to survive to a business that thrives.
- The US $100,000 prize celebrates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda.
10. World Suicide Prevention Day: 10th Sept
- This day was marked on September 10, 2003, for the first time as an initiative by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) and the World Health Organization (WHO) who teamed up to create a day dedicated to a very important message: suicides are preventable.
- The first year of the day was a success, so in 2004, the WHO formally agreed to co-sponsor the event again, making it an annually recognized day. In 2011 about 40 countries organised awareness events to mark the occasion.