1.Monoclonal antibody cocktail treatment for Covid
- According to information available in the open domain, monoclonal antibodies are laboratory-developed molecules that act like antibodies and enhance the immune system to fight infections. The remedy may come as a booster at a time when the world is fighting the deadly COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Detecting tropical cyclones in north Indian Ocean earlier than satellites
- The study has been conducted under the Climate Change Program with the support from Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, an official statement said.
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public technical and research university established by the government of India in Kharagpur, West Bengal, India.
- Established in 1951, the institute is the first of the IITs to be established and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance.
3. Quic gives the internet’s data transmission foundation a needed speedup
- Starting as an experiment at Google, QUIC was later developed through a collaborative and standardization process at the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). IETF sets standards for the global network, and published QUIC as a standard.
- CEO: SundarPichai (2 Oct 2015–)
- Founded: 4 September 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States
- Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
4. Assam government to confer awards on lines of Bharat Ratna, Padma awards
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: HimantaBiswaSarma
- Governor: JagdishMukhi
5. RBI gives approval to re-appointment of CS Ghosh as MD & CEO of Bandhan Bank
- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh (9 Jul 2015–)
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- Founder: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Founded: 2001
- Chairperson: Anup Kumar Sinha
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- Jurisdiction: India
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
6. India, Australia to expand cyber security cooperation
- Australia, officially the Commonwealth of Australia, is a sovereign country comprising the mainland of the Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, and numerous smaller islands. It is the largest country in Oceania and the world’s sixth-largest country.
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison Trending
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
7. Jeff Bezos and brother to fly to space in Blue Origin flight
- Blue Origin’s flight crewed flight will see the company’s six-seater capsule and 59-foot rocket tear toward the edge of space on a 11-minute flight that’ll reach more than 60 miles above Earth.
- After six years of extensive and often secretive testing of the rocket and capsule, called New Shepard, Blue Origin announced in May that it was preparing to put the first passengers in a New Shepard capsule.
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
- Founded: 8 September 2000, Kent, Washington, United States
- Headquarters: Kent, Washington, United States
8. Biden revokes Trump-era TikTok and WeChat ban orders
- Currency: United States Dollar
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- Dialing code: +1
- President: Joe Biden
- TikTok, known in China as Douyin, is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service owned by Chinese company ByteDance.
9. BharatPe becomes ICC’s official partner until 2023
- BharatPe, which was co-founded in 2018 by Ashneer Grover and ShashvatNakrani, claims to have over 60 lakh businesses spread over 100 cities. Since its inception, the firm has enabled the distribution of loans totaling over 1,600 crores to its companies, and its point of sale (PoS) business handles transactions totaling over 1,200 crores each month.
- The International Cricket Council is the world governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1987.
- Chairman: Greg Barclay
- Deputy Chairman: Imran Khwaja
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- CEO: Manu Sawhney
- Motto: Cricket for good
10. Zimbabwean writer TsitsiDangarembga wins PEN Pinter prize
- Established in 2009, PEN Pinter prize is given in memory of Nobel-laureate playwright Harold Pinter.
- The website further states the writer must be a “resident in Britain, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth or former Commonwealth who, in the words of Harold Pinter’s Nobel speech, casts an ‘unflinching, unswerving’ gaze upon the world, and shows a ‘fierce intellectual determination to define the real truth of our lives and our societies’.”
- Capital: Harare
- President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
11. NgangomDingko Singh, Asian Games Gold Medallist Boxer Dies
- The Asian Games, also known as Asiad, is a continental multi-sport event held every four years among athletes from all over Asia. The Games were regulated by the Asian Games Federation from the first Games in New Delhi, India, until the 1978 Games.
- Since the 1982 Games, they have been organized by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), after the breakup of the Asian Games Federation. The Games are recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and are described as the second largest multi-sport event after the Olympic Games.
- Motto: Ever Onward