A career after the 12th may be a difficult choice, but everyone needs to make it. The right career choice can make your life easier, and also the wrong one can increases difficulties for a student. Law courses after the 12th can be an attractive and exciting career choice for a student.
Law as a career option is extremely much in demand at once. This profession may be a very respectable, adventurous, and financially lucrative one. Due to ever-changing and ever-increasing rules implemented by the govt , there’s an increase in demand for the lawyers. Because, once during a while, everyone faces a situation where we’d like the support of the law during this situation, we’d like the recommendation of lawyers who can analyses and evaluate law accurately.
How to do LAW after 12th
Law is one of the career oriented courses after 12th. In India a student can pursue the law car4eer after class 12 or after graduation in any discipline. Students who want to make their career in law often have many doubts regarding the course, career opportunities, etc. There is tons of confusion among aspirants on once they should start the law course.
There are two options available in India one can prefer to study Law, they are:
1. By opting 5 years integrated course after 12th
2.By opting 3 years course after graduation
Overview of the course
• The 5 years integrated law course is suitable for college kids who have decided that they need to pursue law from the very start. Courses like B. A LLB, B. Com LLB, BBA LLB, and B.S.L are available options. If you would like to try to to a 5-year course, you would like to organize for entrance exams like CLAT, LSAT, and NLSIU.
• the three years postgraduate law course is suitable for the scholars who plan to pursue law after graduation. They can only choose this course after the completion of their graduation. Courses like LLM is available. If you would like to opt a 3-year course, one must need to prepeare for entrance exams like CLAT and LSAT.
Detail of Course:
As the 5-years course is an integrated one, it focuses on basic graduation level programs in conjunction with the core law knowledge. This course includes both theoretical and practical sessions like court attendance and training at legal aid centers. This course contains in total of 10 semesters.
The 3-years course focuses mainly on law education. This course also includes both theoretical and practical sessions, but there are only 6 semesters.
Eligibility criteria for law entrance exam
1. 5 year LLB entrance exam :- Student who have passed class 12 from any stream with 50% marks
2. 3 year LLB entrance exams :- A candidate must be at least 17 years of age on the date of application. A graduation degree with 45% marks is the basic qualification required. Universities like DU and BHU require a minimum of 50% marks while universities like kurukshetra, Merut require only 45% marks.
List of top law universities in India
1. Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
2. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
3. NALSAR, Hyderabad
4. NLSUI, Bangalore
5. Gurjarat National Law University
6. Symbiosis society law college Pune
After completing an integrated course, one must enrol with the Bar Council. After that, they will start practicing law as a legal advisor, company secretary, oath commissioner, or judge.
One must enrol with the Bar Council after the completion of the 3-year law course then pursue their career as lawyers, legal consultants, oath commissioner or company secretary.
The common job roles for a BBA + LLB graduate are as follows:
District & Session Judge